When you are debating with a Witness...

by sabastious 20 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• sabastious
    sabastious

...you ever feel like you are debating basic addition or multiplication or something like that? You ever stop in your head and say:

"Why the hell am I spending time doing this?"

-Sab

• blondie
    blondie

Yes, I consider it pearls before swine.

• Tuesday
    Tuesday

All the time man... ALL THE TIME!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

Have you read Hassan's books?

Discussing doctrine/facts/reality/history/evidence is pointless.

However, once they WANT to learn, it's a 15-minute journey to knowing that WT is not "God's Organization". It's in black-and-white, all over the Inernet.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

There is no debating a Jehovah`s Witness..

They simply repeat WBT$ answers..

You can`t debate a pre-recorded message..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

I had that thought after reviewing this thread, watching Leolia and Debator go at it.

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/watchtower/beliefs/196122/1/Bible-says-God-confused-peoples-languages-at-Babel-is-this-childish-nonsense

Something I've never noticed before until that thread, I'm thoroughly convinced, that Debator is Renaia. There's not a doubt in my mind. The posting styles are too similar.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Misery..

Of course Debator is Reniaa..

I`m surprised more people have`nt figured it out..

............................ ...OUTLAW

• sabastious
    sabastious
    Have you read Hassan's books?

My wife and I are in the middle of Combatting Cult Mind Control.

-Sab

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    My wife and I are in the middle of Combatting Cult Mind Control.

In one of his books, he specifically recommend avoiding talking about doctrine. Really, you avoid anything that 'triggers' the 'cult personality'. What you want to do is reach the 'authentic' personality -- the one that has some gripes with WT. You exploit the 'sore spot' of the JW. What is it about WT that he or she doesn't agree with?

Also, you ask thought-provoking questions for which the WT hasn't already given them a canned answer. You get them off of familiar territory.

You want to empower them to think for themselves. Then -- it's obvious that they want nothing to do with ANY high-control group.

• sabastious
    sabastious

I try to bring up the DF'ing and Worldy Association doctrines with my mother. Deep down I know she hates both policies and chalks them up to "imperect men."

-Sab

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit