Got My Nose Pierced Yesterday

by Coffee House Girl 19 Replies latest jw experiences

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Well since I cant grow a beard, dont have the patience for dread-locks, and do not want anything permanent like a tatoo yet....

I enjoyed the experience, never been in a tatoo parlor, this looks understated, not painful & everyone hates my new nose "glitter" which I find kinda funny

I don't see it being a permanent thing with me, but I always wanted one, and you never know if you don't try....

Just one more step in the independent direction of making my own choices-

BTW I also registered to vote last week!

baby steps....

• St George of England
    St George of England

CHG You may end up with a half shekel nose ring as did Rebekah, if you meet the right servant! (Gen 24:22)

George

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

<<applause>>

That's awesome CHG!!

I'm dying to get a tattoo. I'm actually looking for ideas, I'm pretty sure I'm getting it done, just need to pick one and the "timing."

• BurnTheShips
    BurnTheShips

My wife wears a small diamond on her nose. I think it looks lovely.

I am no fan of tattoos on women, however. To my eye, it is like letting a toddler scribble on the Mona Lisa.

BTS

• leavingwt
  • zoiks
    zoiks

Excellent!

• stillin
    stillin

please do not stretch a hole into your earlobes. I may throw up on your shoes.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Good on you!!

I had my nose pierced with a very small gold stud while I was still an active witness many, many years ago. Not one person said anything! I eventually took it out as it didn't heal (piercings don't agree with me). I've since had the tragus done a few times, as well as navel but also had to remove for lack of healing.

When I met my ex, although a witness, he was tattooed. He insisted I get ink as well, so I have a few pieces, two of which can be hidden and no one none the wiser. I did however tell the elders and was hauled into the back room, a scripture shoved in my face and all was fine. Took all of 30 seconds!

• White Dove
    White Dove

Good for you! Love mine:)

Gold is mixed with other metals to make it harder. Parts of my ear don't heal and other parts do. Some parts are just much more sensitive that others.

My nose can only handle surgical steel. It's allergic to other metals.

Weird, I know.

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

Thanks everyone!

Wantstoleave- wow, where I live there was a bible study who had a nose piercing and they would not let her advance to baptism unless she removed it. I also know another active witness who got a nose ring because she knew of witnesses in India who had them and it wasn't a problem- the elders pressured her big time...she removed it.

I guess it just depends on the area you live...

I havent shown it to any JWs yet they are all at convention this week...I'm sure my mom will be discusted, don't know if she will say anything out loud though...ah well

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit