My mom opened up for the first time.

by NomadSoul 10 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

I could write paragraph after paragraph to explain the situation, my leaving, my influence on my mom and siblings, etc.. but I will keep it short.

My mom is inactive and she has always liked having conversations with me about almost any topic. For a long time though she would not touch the subject of the Watchtower Organization when I brought it up, I could tell she still believed that talking bad about the organization was a sin.

But last weekend we were having our usual conversation that we have now and then. The topic of religion and god was brought up. And since I've been reading these boards again recently, I decided that I would bring up the overlapping generation. She didn't know about it, so we kept on talking about the borg and why she had stopped going to meetings because of elder hypocrosy.

She told me she still believed that it was god's organization and she would like to go back to the meetings but she couldn't for some reasons. I asked her what the reasons were. She told me the first one was that she had let my younger sister celebrate her birthdays these years she's been inactive and that she doesn't want to take that away from her because she loves it.

The next reason was even more striking. I mean, my mom always been a sheep, a blind follower to the letter of the word. She didn't go to school, just learned to read and write, and was an easy target for the borg. This was her reason:

She said that she never has had someone, not even the elder's give her an explanation that she was satisfied. So I was intrigued, what question could that be? I thought maybe it was a prophecy, a date, or the gentile times. I really expected a really hard question, but no, it was this. What did Jesus mean when he said that nobody comes to the Father except through me? So I'm thinking to myself for a bit, why hasn't any of the of the Borg's explanations satisfied her? So I asked her what she thought it meant? She got quiet... She stuttured a bit and she just simply said that Jesus is the only way for salvation. She didn't want to talk about it anymore, so I just said I know what she meant.

I'm glad she's starting to do some independent thinking...

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Hey, good that there is a relationship there and walls are coming down. Good for you.

• wasblind
    wasblind

" What did Jesus mean when he said that nobody comes to the Father except through me?..........why hasn't any of the of the Borg's explanations satisfied her? "

Thumbs up to mom for seeing the true light.

• Soldier77
    Soldier77
    What did Jesus mean when he said that nobody comes to the Father except through me?

That question right there is one that destroys the WTS. What they teach about the GB (F&DS) being the org's mediator for the R&F to god is apostacy. There isn't one scripture that supports their claim on mediatorship in place of Christ.

So happy for you that you're mom is seeing the real light on the matter, however small it may be, it is progress.

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Yeah, with that it tells me she's really doesn't like that the watchtower is acting as a middle man. But I guess she's been in it for her whole life she still clinges to it. She still has that mentality, "where else would she go?".

• Gayle
    Gayle

wow,,,,just encourage her continue to pray to God through Jesus, to help direct her personal heart and mind. There seems to be a window open.

• snowbird
    snowbird

(((((((Nomad and Mama)))))))

Syl

• Lozhasleft
    Lozhasleft

Academics arent everything...your mum just proved it ..

Loz x

• NomadSoul
    NomadSoul

Although I'm Atheist, I did encourage her to seek God her way, that there is no wrong way. I'm just glad that she's not as brainwashed as I thought she was.

• cult classic
    cult classic

Excellent Nomad, sounds like she's been a thinker for a long time. She just has to cut the cord now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit