Christopher Nolan's Latest Film: Inception

by leavingwt 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• Crisis of Conscience
    Crisis of Conscience

Saw it at an IMAX screen. My opinion?.......................................LOVED IT!!

And a great cliffhanger of an ending!

But you definitely, as was already said, need to watch it more than once for the full effect.

CoC

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

Best film i've seen since district 9. The end was perfect, big question mark.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

pay attention to his wedding ring during the shots

• scotsman
    scotsman

My opinion: overblown nonsense that was slightly relieved by some clever CGI. But puhlease, any dream within dream story is just a license to be silly (see Dallas circa 1985). It was sub-Matrix with a large dose of Cubby Broccoli. And as to the fantasy city Cob & Mal built over 50 years, Christ, they were architects and managed to come up with the most banal cityscape possible.

I'll confess that there was some good acting and that the combination of Leo Di C, Ellen Page and Joseph Gordon-Levitt worked well.

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

scotsman: Your review wasn't quite as harsh as this one.

http://www.observer.com/2010/culture/can-someone-please-explain-inception-me

• scotsman
    scotsman

That review does make it a bit personal and unlike that reviewer I loved Synecdoche, New York which. Inception doesn't make the viewer question reality any more than a couple of undergraduates do after a joint, whereas Synecdoche was about looking at the value of your life. For me anyway.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Thx for the link LWT. This rex cat really hates nolan...I MEAN HE REALLY HATES NOLAN!

Like other Christopher Nolan head scratchers-the brainless Memento, the perilously inert Insomnia, the contrived illusionist thriller The Prestige, the idiotic Batman Begins and the mechanical, maniacally baffling and laughably overrated The Dark Knight-this latest deadly exercise in smart-aleck filmmaking without purpose from Mr. Nolan's scrambled eggs for brains makes no sense whatsoever.

This guy's hatred was funnier than anything he said about the movie.

• Gayle
    Gayle

The ending definitely makes a possibility/probability for an "Inception 2."

• Qcmbr
    Qcmbr

I think he was always in level 4 and the inception was Mal's in his mind (she left her totem for him and from then on he used her totem even though it can't work for him) and the whole movie was about him unfortunately trapped in a world of his own making. In the scene where he ends up on the beach and finds an old Saito how did he get onto the shore? Previously he was supposed to be in a failing level 4 already.

The lift in level 2 should have floated when released from it's cables, to simulate the kick he would have needed to have the lift travel downwards rapidly drawn by the cables rather than releasing them.

In the final scene the children wear the same clothes and are in the same initial pose as he always remembers them showing that he hasn't escaped back to reality.

• undercover
    undercover

So Rex Reed hated it huh? It must be a darn good movie...

I've seen all of CN's movies up to date and enjoyed them all (Dark Knight probably a bit over-hyped). I'm looking forward to seeing Inception.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit