Christopher Nolan's Latest Film: Inception

by leavingwt 21 Replies latest social entertainment

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

SPOILER WARNING: This thread may contain spoilers. Please avoid if you haven't seen the film.

I really enjoyed 'Inception' at the theater this past weekend. I'd give it an 8.5 out of a possible 10.

What do you think of it?

Trailer:

http://trailers.apple.com/trailers/wb/inception/

• baltar447
    baltar447

It's a great movie.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

I give it a 10. what if this is really all a dream?

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Hmm How soon till we can have a spoiler discussion of the movie?

And yeah it was a 10!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt
    Hmm How soon till we can have a spoiler discussion of the movie?

Go for it. I've added a 'Spoiler Warning' to the top.

• moshe
    moshe

It was good, but I can't encourage anyone to see it in the theatre. It's the kind of movie that needs to be watched on video - several times- to get the full effect.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Cool sorry I dont know how to embed pic

5 levels of inception

http://farm5.static.flickr.com/4120/4814171446_8315b62_b.jpg

I loved the soprano like ending to the movie Visually it was stunning through-out and on a intelligence level a true thinking man's ( or woman's) movie. I was in a discussion about the ending and what happened. Some have said he was still dreaming and that he should not have been using mal totem. Here is my theory:

I think at the end he was in reality. I think his use of his wifes totem was to help him see if he was in his reality or hers. When the totem stops he was in her reality (the dream world.) At the end when the totem appeared to keep spinning maybe that just showed we were in mals dream world which is our reality.

Of course I could be arse backwards either way great friggin movie!

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

Moshe I couldn't disagree with you more!

This movie needs to be (at least initially) experience in all of its cinematic glory! The sights, the visual's, (the one and only time I WILL EVER SAY THIS) the clothes! That was a slick filmed and thought out movie from beginning to end.

• Balsam
    Balsam

My husband hated it because he didn't understand it. My 22 year old son and I loved it. Really great movie.

• cyberjesus
    cyberjesus

Yes it needs to be watched in SUPER ULTRA BIG screen first then buy the DVD.

I think the whole movie is just his dream. When he goes back home and finnally sees his children, they are the exact same age and are wearing the same cloths and in the same spot that they were in his dream several months or even years back.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit