Am i waiting in vain ?

by wasblind 15 Replies latest watchtower bible

• wasblind
    wasblind

Within the last three months i've had several visits from members of the congragation

that i used to attend. With each visit i was promised a return, it hasn't happened yet

that's six people in all who have not returned my visit, why because i show them

bogus bunk out of their own literature, i was never baptised so i guess they think

they can still save me, All i know is if they don't stop coming by i won't stop

showing bunk, I must admit i enjoy the" deer in headlights look "when i show them stuff from their own

literature, and they always promise to return with the answer, the sad thing is these are good people who think

they are sharing the truth, , it's always someone different with the same promise. It would be nice to have one

keep their promise and return. Am i waiting in vain?

• wasblind
    wasblind

It's much easier for me to cut ties with this religion because i have no family members in

but i still became close to people in the "truth" and miss some of them dearly.

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

I've been out since 1985 and still miss some old friends.

I sincerely hope some have found their way out. I know they moved out of the area and no one seems to know where they are.

As for the promises JWs make - think - theocratic warfare - they are allowed to lie to you now

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

hey wasblind,

keep up the great work!

Believe me, the things you are sharing with them will not be easily forgotten. It may take a while to sink in, but I believe that is how most everyone who leaves gets the necessary kick-start to begin thinking on their own.... someone like you drops a little nugget of real truth and it causes some doubts.

These doubts will eventually lead to an awakening.

The Oracle

• wasblind
    wasblind

Thanks Lady Lee, for understanding about the friends

Oracle, thanks for the lift i needed that

• The Oracle
    The Oracle

You betcha!

Gotta keep the positive vibes flowing!

Cheers!

The Oracle

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

I'm still waiting for an elder to return for a shepherding call. He said he would be back in a couple weeks and it's been almost a year! Not that I mind anymore.

Good for you showing Witnesses stuff from their own literature! Like The Oracle said, they won't forget it.

• Ice cream
    Ice cream

Hi Wasblind, i see some of my old JW 'friends' most weeks. They just blank me. I miss them, most of them are really nice people. It's hard to cope with sometimes. As to your question, if you continue highlighting the BS in the literature you'll probably end up on the 'DO NOT CALL' list.

• Black Sheep
    Black Sheep

Hi Wasblind.

It sounds like you are doing a great job.

Never expect a JW to capitulate on the day. They don't have to and it can be a mistake to try and force it.

They have to sleep at night. That's when the medicine works. It may take years, but at least you got it in.

Cheers

Chris

• Perry
    Perry

This is why I say JW's are cowards at heart. I took a fellow church member down to the KH one Saturday morning to find the folks who came to his door and promised to return.

The elders wouldn't meet with us even though I pointed out that they were going out to find people like us who wanted to talk about the bible. I guess the 11:00 hook-up at Dairy Queen was more important.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit