Being "drawn" by God (John 6:44)

by pirata 12 Replies latest watchtower bible

• Chalam
    Chalam

What are your thoughts on this scripture?

Same thing described here

John 6:65 (New International Version)

65 He went on to say, "This is why I told you that no one can come to me unless the Father has enabled him."

John 12:32 (New International Version)

32 But I, when I am lifted up from the earth, will draw all men to myself."

John 4:23 (New International Version)

23 Yet a time is coming and has now come when the true worshipers will worship the Father in spirit and truth, for they are the kind of worshipers the Father seeks.

1 Thessalonians 1:5 (New International Version)

5 because our gospel came to you not simply with words, but also with power, with the Holy Spirit and with deep conviction.

Revelation 3:20-22 (New International Version)

20 Here I am! I stand at the door and knock. If anyone hears my voice and opens the door, I will come in and eat with him, and he with me. 21 To him who overcomes, I will give the right to sit with me on my throne, just as I overcame and sat down with my Father on his throne. 22 He who has an ear, let him hear what the Spirit says to the churches."

Lozhasleft Pirata ...lets not start from the JW perspective so's we have a hope....?

Agreed.

Blessings,

Stephen

• pirata
    pirata

Thank you Psacramento, Perry, StAnn, snowbird, chalam, and any others I have missed for your contributions so far. sooner7nc, you made me LOL!

It seems unanimous that a higher power (be it the Holy Spirit, God, Angel, Jesus, etc) does the drawing. But are only certain people chosen to be drawn? Or is everyone drawn and only certain ones respond?

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

Glad to have been of service.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit