Are Dubs just getting lazy?

by pr0ner 16 Replies latest jw experiences

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Outlaw calls it right. They are just going through the motions to get their time in. Actual productive hours for them are meaningless now.
    I posted one time about arriving on a tropical island by getting off the ferry. Everyone had to walk near the little square nearby. The pioneers were sitting on a bench there in the square with their mags displayed on their laps.

The whole crowd was a good 20 yards or more away from them, but if they approached people, they would not have such wonderful seats and they would not be able to continue their personal conversation. All that mattered was the "time."

• wasblind
    wasblind

If enough people complain to the Wal-Mart Corp. about being accousted by JW's

in the parking lot maybe we could do our shopping in piece,

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Its about quantity not quality.

Get the hours in so you have something to write on your time slip at the end of the month. You can't count feeding the homeless, encouraging the weak (though many do count this as "time") or helping your elderly neighbor with their yard. You can only count WT approved time counting activities.

The average witness is a reflection of the org. Focused on "numbers" rather than Christianity. As long as the org brags and boasts about their 1 billion plus hours in FS every year, the average witness will be just as focused on their number, (10, 50, or 70 hours a month)

As long as it is simply about reaching a quota, most will endure the pain of meeting the quota with the least amount of real effort. Bottom line is that they endure the quota because the WT tells them it means they will get into the imaginary everlasting petting zoo.

• straightshooter
    straightshooter

My wife has told me how the activity in the local cong has increased since the talks about the new generation understanding. But the other English cong that uses the kh is actually slowing down. My wife did tell me that a new elder moved into her cong who is extremely zealous. I think that has more to do with the activity in the cong than the new generation understanding.

Guess it just depends on the cong.

• ziddina
    ziddina

I think that the apathy at the doors, and increasing numbers of depressed JWs, have "pulled their fangs", so to speak...

The JWs in this area are real wimps, compared to the activity in this area prior to the failed-1975-prophecy fiasco... The WTBTS just can't whip them into a frenetic fervor anymore...

yippee

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free

They're not lazy. They're just selective in how they use their energy. Just watch the sudden increase in energy when someone suggests it's time for a coffee break. That's when you see the real zeal. They'll fall over each other getting to the donut shop.

JWs will approach one person and then do nothing for the next 20 minutes. Then the pre-programmed guilt will kick in and they'll approach another person. They'll do that until someone takes a magazine. Then the JWs will run off to celebrate in the nearest donut shop where they'll fill their faces as they plan the wording of this wonderful "experience" for the next service meeting.

W

• wobble
    wobble

With this attitude being endemic within the Borg, at least here in the West,it makes you wonder how rare a convert from FS will be in the future.

Already eye-witnesses report mainly born-ins getting baptised, in the future a FS convert could be as rare as hens teeth, or rocking horse s**t.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit