How can I enable the ssl protocol?

by asilentone 29 Replies latest jw friends

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

I am also with Comcast and my dynamic IP stays the same for months at a time - practically static. I know because I use it for business for a VPN connection and have to give my new IP every time it changes to re-establish the tunnel connection. Happens very rarely, mostly when power drops on my end and my modem resets...

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    Are you trying to enable an inbound connection? (i.e. To a server in your home)

..or set up a shopping cart for e-commerce, maybe?

• baltar447
    baltar447

I think the op is misunderstood. Need the following info:

Operating System (XP, Vista, 7, Mac?)

Web browser (IE, Firefox, Chrome?)

What are you trying to accomplish? If I had to interpret from your first post, I'd say that you were trying to load yahoo mail in a secure way from your web browser to yahoo mail.

• baltar447
  • TD
    TD

...Okay, outbound browser connections:

Internet Explorer 5.5 and above

1. From Tools select Internet Options
    2. Select the Advanced tab
    3. For each of the options under Security ensure 'Use SSL 2.0' and 'Use SSL 3.0' are ticked
    4. Click OK

Firefox 1.0.x

1. From Tools select Options
    2. Select the Advanced icon
    3. For each of the options under Security ensure 'Use SSL 2.0' and 'Use SSL 3.0' are ticked
    4. Click OK

Firefox 3.0.x

1. From Tools select Options
    2. Select the Advanced icon
    3. Under Encryption, ensure 'Use SSL version 3.0' and 'Use TLS 1.0' are ticked
    4. Click OK

Opera 8.x

1. From Tools select Preferences
    2. Select the Advanced tab
    3. From the left hand side menu select Security, and click on 'Security Protocols'
    4. Ensure 'Enable SSL 2' and 'Enable SSL 3' are ticked
    5. Click OK
    6. Click OK again

Netscape 7.x

1. From Edit select Preferences
    2. From the left hand side menu select SSL
    3. Ensure 'Enable SSL version 2' and 'Enable SSL version 3' are ticked
    4. Click OK

Mac Users
    Opera 8.x

1. From Opera select Preferences
    2. Under Security select the option 'Security protocols'
    3. Ensure 'Enable SSL 2' and 'Enable SSL 3' are ticked
    4. Click OK
    5. Click OK again

• asilentone
    asilentone

baltar, I have XP, I am currently using Firefox. Yahoo mail is very important to me because I have email account there.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

asilentone,

In light of your last post, you should disregard most of what I've written. TD's instructions are more relevant.

Did you do something by the way? Was it working and then it stopped? Or were you using a different machine. Give some more info to help with troubleshooting, otherwise we are just guessing....

Try a different browser, just for the heck of it. Win Xp comes with IE...

• asilentone
    asilentone

I used to do Google Chrome, but it crashed and I tried to download Google Chrome again, it would not let me download it. I have IE, but now it has very limited capabilities probably due to ssl protocol disability.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have tried TD's instructions, both are still checked.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Why don't you try a system restore. XP creates "restore points" around every config modification. try to go a day or so before the chrome crash, you may be able to get it to work again. Keep in mind that you will loose every modification you've made after the particular restore point - you will be given the standard Win warning about it...

If you don't know how to restore, go to Start-> help and support and search for it...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit