How can I enable the ssl protocol?

by asilentone 29 Replies latest jw friends

• asilentone
    asilentone

There are so many answers out there, but I cannot decide which one that I should pick. I cannot use Yahoo Mail since the ssl protocol is currently disabled. I found a good suggestion earlier but I cannot find it again.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Do you have a static IP? (SSL requirement, I believe)...

• asilentone
    asilentone

what is static IP?

• asilentone
    asilentone

how can I know if I have it or not?

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Static IP address - a permanent IP address that I believe is a requirement for an SSL certificate. Your Internet Service Provider (ISP) may offer it for a small monthly fee. Don't quote me on it, please provide more info to see if we are even talking about the same thing.

More on static IP address here.

-Yan

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan
    how can I know if I have it or not?

If you are not paying for it (about 5-10$/mo), you probably don't have it. Static IPs are increasingly harder to come by these days.

Your ISP would definitely know.

-Yan

• asilentone
    asilentone

I have Comcast, I believe that they offer extra IP addresses. I do not remember how much they charge for that. I am going to find out ASAP.

• asilentone
    asilentone

I googled, it says it only offers Static IPs to businesses. I am going to find out which ISP offers residential static IPs.

• Yan Bibiyan
    Yan Bibiyan

Pretty sure it's 5 bucks. they may try to talk you into buying the Business class service... Verify, however if this is really what you need for whatever reason you have to have SSL enabled...

• TD
    TD

???

Are you trying to enable an inbound connection? (i.e. To a server in your home)

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit