I have a date!

by Soldier77 30 Replies latest jw experiences

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

...and she isn't a witness!! Woohooo!

The story:

I ran into a girl I met a few months back at the restaurant she works at and we got to talking today (after she leans in for a kiss on the cheek btw), she was saying how bad her day was and how she needed a drink. Well, I said, I'll buy you a drink! (of course we were both working so we couldn't drink then and there.) So I asked her if she wanted to go to an event this coming Friday and that I'd love to buy her a drink then. She said, I'll think about it. She goes into the restaurants kitchen for a few minutes (she's the supervisor) and comes out as I'm ready to leave, gives me a hug goodbye and I again give her a kiss on the cheek. She says to me, well, I'll see you Friday night then? Of course! With a big smile she says, I'm looking forward to it.

I think I'm giddy like a school girl now. We've had some nice talks in the last few weeks, I go by once a week to have lunch or dinner and she always comes by my table to check up on me. All of my family are witnesses so I can't call them up and tell them I have a date with a "worldly." So I had to come here and share!

Yesterday was pretty shitty with that elder dropping the call on me, but after today's experience, all I can say is, what elder?

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Go get her! Nice, Soldier!!!

• leavingwt
    leavingwt

[Comment Removed by LWT - I misread the OP.]

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

The joys of going out with a non-JW:

1. No talk of marriage on the first date

2. You can hold hands, kiss, make out, whatever and not have to tell 3 old men about it at the next Sunday meeting.

3. No need for a chapperon when you are 30 years old

Anyone have anything to add to the list?

• Coffee House Girl
    Coffee House Girl

I'm giddy for you too :) (I remember the "butterflies" feeling- ah...)

be cool...let us know how it goes!

CHG

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

Yeah, I love "worldly" girlfriends. I've had more worldly girlfriends than witness ones and all of them were much saner, much more enjoyable and fun than any witness girl I've gone out with. I've had better relationships with them.

I hear ya brother dan, that whole chapperone thing, only date to get married shit is just nuts. I mean who buys a car without test driving it first FFS!

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I wonder if the parents have caught on that all the kids do it anyway... I snuck out all the time and did pretty much everything while my parents never knew about it.

That's what happens when you try to pen up a bull in a glass shop. A guys hormones will destory everything.

• bambilove
    bambilove

I have something to add to your list brother dan

4) Theyre not going to look down on you for not attending the meetings or not being more "spiritual"

5) Its okay if you slip up and accidently pull out an F bomb

6) You wont be considered a sinner for drinking more than 2 beers

plus a bazillion more..point blank, worldly people are not nearly as judgemental.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I pulled an F bomb on a JW date and got the evil eye.

Hey I've got another one:

7. You can watch an R rated movie *GASP*

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Happy for you Soldier, hope the best for you man. Hope to experience that for myself in the future.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit