Is This God's Organization?

by monkeyman 36 Replies latest jw friends

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

It's been a while since checking my post........... I'm glad to see the comments and others viewpoints. That's what I like about this site.

So here are some reponses.

WasanElder...

I know I have choice. But choosing either choice has dire consequenses. I'm wondering if you can appreciate my position. I've been in the ORg for 50 yrs. I have served in positions where I was able to affect peoples lives in good ways. Many say I changed their lives or even saved their lives. I also have family in the Truth.

So, quit? Oh sure. Then hundreds of my friends will now view me as an apostate, worse than a criminal. My family will now shun me. You call that a choice? Not me. I wonder if people who think nothing of just quitting have these circumstances.

BluesBrothers......

First, thank you for the compliment. I'm always surprised at how many people can relate to my situation. I thought I was unique. That's another thing I like about this site. It has actually been cathartic just to write about my experience let alone to see others who share the experience.

My situation is that I go, my wife does not. She received some mistreatment by some prominent elders that I won’t detail here but it was bad enough to stop going.

Here’s the thing I think about. There are a lot of things the Org has taught me that I believe are True. Creation, the nature of God, the concept of the God’s Kingdom and its common thread throughout the Bible, God’s purpose for the Earth, etc. I can’t find solace in the teachings of other religions.

So from the standpoint of Bible teachings, I have no problem. It’s the recent flip-flop on prophecy, the unwillingness to admit mistakes, and the brutal treatment of the flock that have made me cringe.

But the Bible also details times when “God’s Organization” was in the dump. It details bad Kings in Israelite times when people suffered. It outlined times in the Christian era bad situations in some congregations. Is that what we’re going through now? I don’t know. Neither did those faithful men of old when they were going through those dreadful times. Is that why they were documented?

Frigginconfused……….

I think you may have gotten the wrong message from me. I am not angry with God. Far from it. I realize that the current situation in the org. is man made. God can change it. I can only hope.

Thanks again for the feedback.

• LV101
    LV101

Have you checked out Joyce Meyer's Bible, (Amplified Version --- The Everyday Bible). She has a totally different interpretation of the "Kingdom." she says the "Kingdom" is doing God's will and receiving his blessings and care NOW. NOTHING about a paradise earth kingdom.

NV1

• shamus100
    shamus100

Monkeyman,

I must again insist that you cease from posting on this site under this name. You are invading my territory, and I do not appreciate it! I'm sorry that they disfellowshipped you for being a monkey, but you must find help somewhere else. If you do not go, we shall have to have a monkey fight to the death!

• monkeyman
    monkeyman

hahahahahahaha

I want your picture

• shamus100
    shamus100

Monkeyman

Stay away - I'm getting angry now...

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Have you checked out Joyce Meyer's Bible, (Amplified Version --- The Everyday Bible). She has a totally different interpretation of the "Kingdom." she says the "Kingdom" is doing God's will and receiving his blessings and care NOW. NOTHING about a paradise earth kingdom

Well, Jesus did say the Kingdom of God is here, now, in Us.

• freydo

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit