Received AWAKE! in the mail today

by TR 18 Replies latest jw friends

• Latte
    Latte

The Watchtrower has a lurverly article on the back entitled

“Now , This May Hurt”

All about how important it is to discipline children. The societies favourite scripture is yet again sited “Foolishness is tied up with heart of a boy; the ROD of discipline is what will remove it far from him” Proverbs 22:15.

The rod (it is pointed out) in this instance, is a symbol of parental authority.
    Along the edge of the page are three captions of a little lad having a nasty injection in his arm.
    Picture 1) He squirms at the very idea, as the injection moves towards his arm.
    Picture 2) Then the injection is administered ‘Ouch!’ that hurt!
    Picture 3) The injection is removed and the little lad is seemingly yelling, or screaming.

It is clear that the borg. are encouraging spanking, and also making the point that the parent has the God given right to use that ROD of discipline. Yes, take your kid’s out of the meeting if they can’t sit still for two hours! You know what you have to do, and it's clear that for it to be effective....it should hurt

Why can’t they of used the page to praise the JW kid’s…..they put up with such a lot…..another waste of paper.

Latte

• NameWithheld
    NameWithheld

I would wipe my ass with WT/Awakes, but I'm afraid of what new light might do down there, and on top of that the crappy paper they use would probably disintegrate and/or cause great pain. I'll stick with Charmin I guess!

• Xena
    Xena

Found this point interesting on the Niagra Falls section:

You said that the erosion of the river gourge has taken place over the past 12,000 years. This would not tie in with the Bibles account of a global deluge

R.P. Britain

"Awake!" responds: We simply presented the current estimates given by geologists, with no comment as to how accurate they might be. Such estimates absolutely do not take into considerations the Bible's account of the Noachian Flood, which evidently took place less than 3,000 years ago. - Mathew 24:37.

lol not sure just how that scripture supports their dating of the flood...it EVIDENTLY took place???...it is funny too how they put out an article and then come back and say they are not sure how "accurate" the info is? They don't even site a specific geologist...at least they don't note one here. Great reporting, huh?
  • NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

I thought that was amusing as well Xena. Another case of ineffcient/lazy reporting by the Afake mag.

BTW, has anyone ever told you you were hot?

• Xena
  • Xena
    Xena

lol NameWithheld you got me so flustered I posted twice

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

LOL, It's your fault for posting those 'sultry eyes' pictures ... I can't concentrate on what you're saying!!!

• Xena
    Xena

Cool..then my evil plan IS working...

You know NameWithheld2 TR is probably going to be mad at us for fluffing on his thread...course I can aways say YOU STARTED IT!

• NameWithheld2
    NameWithheld2

Hehe - you said 'fluffing' - drat - now my mind's in the gutter!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit