Received AWAKE! in the mail today

by TR 18 Replies latest jw friends

• TR
    TR

Whaaaa? I wrote a letter to the society months ago asking for a subscription. It's been so long that I forgot all about it. Just got the AWAKE! rag today though, no Watchtower. I thought they quite doing subs? Maybe because I ordered it before the change. But why the hell did it take so long? Weird.

The Q's from readers is interesting. I'll try to post a scan of it.

TR

"YK is his name, false prophecy is his game"

• TR
    TR

• TR
    TR

Damn. How do I make the print larger?

TR

• NewLight2
    NewLight2

The print will be bigger if you increace the size of the orig scan by pixils.

• Ranchette
    Ranchette

TR,
    we got our Awake magazine today too and the following message was printed in red above our address

Only two issues remaining,Subscription service will be discontinued.
    Obtain your personal copy through a congregation of Jehovah's Witnesses.

• alamb
    alamb

Mine came too...good thing, I'm out of TP.
    You weren't missing much in the Watchtower, the last one was on Godly principles and I couldn't find the stomach to read it.

• Lionel_P_Hartley
    Lionel_P_Hartley

TR,

Thanks - I was quite taken aback, not just by the answer to "R.P." from the UK, but by the fact that they answered her at all - shades of Samuel Johnson and the dog. Maybe there is some light at the end of the tunnel - or is it just P.R.? Hmmmm

LPH

• butalbee
    butalbee

BURN IT!

• TR
    TR

Thanks, NewLight, I'll try it again.

TR

• malian
    malian

in response to the first article on the page--the one about prayer--according to my handy dandy "what does god require of us?" brochure, god only listens to the prayers of the righteous! so just to let you all know, since we are all here on this apostate site, dont bother praying--according to the watchtower, jehovah says you arent worth hearing; a loving god? i think not. disgusting, isn't it??

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit