Being a long time Witness is like shopping at Costco

by exwhyzee 19 Replies latest jw friends

• WTWizard
    WTWizard

They present the religion as being a premium product. They play down the cost, pretending that the benefit will justify it no matter what. However, when you get the product, you are paying for a premium product and getting crap. Worse, they will not let you honestly bash the product--nor will they allow others to read honest reviews of it.

• cantleave
  • designs
    designs

You can't get a Refund.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

I'm going to remember what Startingover said....well put ! :

"as long as you are captive of the concept that you are in an organization directed by god you feel no need to check the "prices"

AT least at Costco, you are allowed to compare the prices..most people would run in the opposite direction if they were not allowed to comaprison shop.

Again with the Costco analogy....if I do happen check the prices...most of the time they seem reasonable enough so that I go ahead with my purchase siince I'm already there anyway. Even if I pay too much today, it's worth it because it would take too much time and effort to check around at the other stores....I'm in a bit of a rut and everyone I know shops there and they seem to be ok with it so maybe I'm just over thinking about things...etc etc. I'm sure much of their sucess is due to thousands of shoppers who use the same rationale.

• undercover
    undercover

Costco Christians...

I like it

• Found Sheep
    Found Sheep

I like it! Love Costco though!

• snowbird
    snowbird

We don't got a Costco!

Very good analogy, though.

Syl

• chickpea
    chickpea

wonderful and interesting perspective....

which i am promptly stealing and holding
    in reserve to hand back to any JW that i
    may encounter in the future.... be it d2d,
    street or informal witnessing.... a handy
    tool to have, indeed!

thanks for the post and belated welcome

• Chalam
    Chalam

WTWizard They present the religion as being a premium product. They play down the cost, pretending that the benefit will justify it no matter what. However, when you get the product, you are paying for a premium product and getting crap. Worse, they will not let you honestly bash the product--nor will they allow others to read honest reviews of it.

Indeed :)

Actually, the product is a counterfeit. Fake goods don't do what they say on the tin or last the distance.

designs You can't get a Refund

Unfortunately "all sales are final" :(

Neither can you get an exchange.

Blessings,

Stephen

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Do you eat samples and then tell the sample people that you are only at Costco to have lunch? Do you bring 6 or 7 kids in and go to the sample carts three times, telling them your kids aren't full yet?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit