Auchwitz Video

by man in black 17 Replies latest jw friends

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

If anybody complaining about it survived a Nazi death camp, I'll listen to their complaints. To all others, I say that old man has earned the right--did you?

• agonus
    agonus

"Jews have always used black humour to survive'

Case in point: 'The Producers'

• agonus
    agonus

The words 'Jew" and "Judaism" come from a root word meaning "to celebrate".

This is a celebration of life, not death.

I'd say it's fairly appropriate.

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

I never thought anything set to "I Will Survive" would make me well up. I stand corrected.

• Out at Last!
    Out at Last!

Pops was a little out of step in most of the video, but good for him and his family. I am sure that there are thousands of other familys that did not make it out from the camps alive wish that they could do the same.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

Thanks for sharing that M.I.B. Imagine in those blackest of days, he would have never dreamt that he'd alive and free again and back there to dance with his grandchildren on a (yet to be invented) video, shown world wide via (yet to be invented) orbiting satelite and personal computer. This is pretty amazing stuff...very touching.

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

This made news here in Australia about a week or so ago and the public response was outrage. The survivor and his family live in Australia.

I personally think he earned the right to celebrate his life as he saw fit, but like guest with questions brings out, so many lost their lives there and to their families, this video might be disrespectful. I imagine what we didn't see on the video would've been lots of tears, hugging and remembering in a solemn, quiet way.

http://news.ninemsn.com.au/national/7928701/auschwitz-dance-video-causes-outrage

http://www.jpost.com/JewishWorld/JewishNews/Article.aspx?id=181635

• Broken Promises
    Broken Promises

Fantastic, I love it.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit