Resurrection: A Cruel Joke?

by cameo-d 27 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Cold Steel
    Cold Steel

I can think of a few horror movie ideas. Like the guy coming in one morning to find that the wood housing for Deena had been ripped apart and nothing was left, but severed wires. Oh, and the next door neighbor and his dog are dead, with his pickup missing. Only the neighbor's head and chest are found, and the remainder of the body missing. The next thing you know, the New York Times reporter is getting numerous calls from someone who listens for a few seconds and then hangs up. She spends the rest of the movie trying to escape from "Deena," who leaves a trail of dead bodies behind her.

Of course if she kills off the entire staff of the New York Times, we can make it a romantic comedy.

Maybe Dave Hewlett and his sister can do a movie, like A Dog's Breakfast , which is a must-see. It's available from Amazon.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    That are modeled on Erica Campbell?

Should I mention how much I like her work.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

Amazing. That is how I view the Watchtower resurrection doctrine. If we do not have a soul that survives death, then we are simply a collection of memories and emotions that God downloads at some later stage into a new body. There is nothing to stop him downloading us into numerous bodies at the same time, even when we are alive, just as a number of these robotic clones could be made.

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Cold Steel,

Even though "Deena" sounds more realistic as a name, this "thing" is named Bina. (Actually Bina48 aka Bina Rothblatt)

In researching the etymology, or meaning of that name, I came upon some interesting definitions.

Bina---

"building; construction" (what other words denote building and constructing? Could it be....masonry?)

"to build" (used in form membina)

bina...feminine form of bino

Bino...(physics) The superpartner of the gauge boson

(In particle physics, the gauge boson are bosnic particles that act as carrier of the fundamental forces of nature.)

(Anagrams: Bion) [as in bionic, perhaps?]

related term..."binary" from Latin 'bini' meaning two-by-two; pair

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

JWfacts: "If we do not have a soul that survives death, then we are simply a collection of memories and emotions that God downloads at some later stage into a new body."

Interesting perspective. But where is god in all of this? This is being done by humans, is it not?

• teel
    teel

This has bothered me while in the cult too. I worked out for myself, that no matter what the JWs say, we must have a part of us that survives death - although to conform to JW "truths" it's a non-thinking part. The other option would be just way too dreadful to contemplate - like this video shows. This robot is indeed in fact a resurrected person per JW definition - JWs look at your future.

• jwfacts
    jwfacts

But where is god in all of this? This is being done by humans, is it not?

The robot is not exactly the same as a resurrected human, but did remind me of the Watchtower resurrection. If as JWs teach, humans are just a collection of memories and emotions that reside as a memory within God, and can be downloaded into a completely new body at will, then it seems uncannily like that robot.

• ballistic
    ballistic

Thing is, we are not just a collection of memories are we. We all "wire" our brains slightly differently from conception onwards giving probably infinate "configurations" of brains. Add to that the elctro-chemical make up of the brain which is controlled by secretions of hormones in various parts of the body and influenced by the food we eat and tiny amounts of brain chemistry stimulated by subtle changes such as glancing sun light and the feel of our own skin, and what you have is a make up almost beyond our own human comprehension.

• kurtbethel
    kurtbethel

Robots are something people can build to order in any fashion they want, so I find it curious that someone would build one that appears to be like a burned out druggie. I think I know why. Human may not want robots to appear superior.

BTW, when will my Cherry 2000 be rolling of the assembly line?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Hmmm, one wonders if AI will be the perverbial nail in the coffin for mankind...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit