I write like Stephen King- Find out who you write like!

by moshe 19 Replies latest jw friends

• chickpea
    chickpea

seems dan is the man....

i, too, submitted a couple of different pieces
    and came up writing like dan brown and
    edgar allan poe....

wonder what their love child would have looked like?

• Quentin
    Quentin

Stephen King...????....never would have thought that...

• Sad emo
    Sad emo

I write like James Joyce.

For fun I did a couple sections from WT literature- One guy wrote like Kurt Vonnegut and the other like James Joyce

Oh damn

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

Arthur C. Clarke

• cameo-d
    cameo-d

Brizzy.....You are TOO YOUNG to have a "Memoir".

• brizzzy
    brizzzy

@cameo-d That's what I said. But they insisted on paying me to write one anyway. So I was happy to oblige.

• Wasanelder Once
    Wasanelder Once

Stephen King, James Joyce, Margaret Mitchell so far. This is funny.

• Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

I write like
    Kurt Vonnegut

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Kurt_Vonnegut

With his columns for In These Times, he began a blistering attack on the Bush administration and the Iraq war. "By saying that our leaders are power-drunk chimpanzees, am I in danger of wrecking the morale of our soldiers fighting and dying in the Middle East?" he wrote. "Their morale, like so many bodies, is already shot to pieces. They are being treated, as I never was, like toys a rich kid got for Christmas." In These Times quoted him as saying "The only difference between Hitler and Bush is that Hitler was elected." [32] [33] In a 2003 interview Vonnegut said, "I myself feel that our country, for whose Constitution I fought in a just war, might as well have been invaded by Martians and body snatchers. Sometimes I wish it had been. What has happened, though, is that it has been taken over by means of the sleaziest, low-comedy, Keystone Cops-style coup d’etat imaginable. And those now in charge of the federal government are upper-crust C-students who know no history or geography, plus not-so-closeted white supremacists, aka 'Christians,' and plus, most frighteningly, psychopathic personalities,or 'PPs.'" [

• StAnn
    StAnn

I put in two pieces and the first one came back David Foster Wallace and the second came back James Joyce.

Wonder why it didn't come back as a woman author?

• jaguarbass
    jaguarbass

I didnt take your test but I'm pretty sure I write like Earnest Hemmingway or Jack Kerouac.

Both men wrote like they had a tape recorder with them and transcribed the events and dialogue

they witnessed onto paper.

I know they didnt have taperecorders. But thats how I describe how they wrote.

They didnt make a lot of things up they just wrote about what they did and what they saw and what they heard.

Hemmingway would go to a bullfight or catch a fish and write about it, same with Kerouac he'd hitchhike across

the US and write about it.

I write stuff all the time, I keep a journal. I write a page a night. I work in a jail. I just sit there and write what I hear

and see. Someday I'd like to edit it together.

I hear selling books has become like selling music. Its hard to do, especially today with the internet and everybody

bloging and giving there music away.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit