Passion of the [Irony].

by confliction 21 Replies latest jw friends

• yknot
    yknot
    for example, marriage rings are pagan in origin

Thusly, I and many born/raised in my hall, don't wear them.......

(yes, I am being serious)

• maninthemiddle
    maninthemiddle

Wow Yknot, I have never known anyone not to wear one for this reason.

Goes to show there are all kinds.

I have, however, known brothers harrassed by sisters for not wearing them.

• heathen
    heathen

I heard somewhere that the cross was used after the catholic religion got it's start in order to confuse the Tao worshipers into joining the religion . I have to agree that the cross is a very ancient symbol and was used in idolatry in worship to the God osiris I think it was the Ankh that meant eternal life . The new testament is very clear in not using any such type of symbolism . The mosaic law was very clear for the jews not to create any sort of idol .

• elderelite
    elderelite
    (yes, I am being serious)

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Like the new avatar Elderelite

• elderelite
    elderelite

Thank you miss jones. I loved his character in the matrix.

• confliction
    confliction

@Yknot

Really?

Well, I guess I have come to assume that WT Theology and rules are generally united from culture to culture...

But I guess this is an american thing... interesting. They make marriage rings a "conscience matter" here- what about where you live?
    Is it a rule or still a "conscience matter" that people generally choose not to do?

• teel
    teel
    It is a pagan symbol

Yep, even the Uncyclopedia article acknowledges the huge importance of this, under the "Unclean Things" subheading:

The cross. Reason: Jesus did not die on a criss-crossed pagan cross. Jesus would absolutely have refused to die on a pagan symbol, so Jesus took out the horizontal beam and die on the phallic symbol instead.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis

The whole point of the firstborn son dying for our sins was 1 thing.... dying.

who cares cross or stake or whatever. And he never stayed dead now did he?? some sacrifice.

Here let me make a donation of $1,000,000 for _________ get all the glory only to have the $$$$ giving back to me...knowing it was going to be giving back....... I can sacrifice all day long then

• yknot
    yknot

.....LOL....

I can't believe I just out 'uber-ed' yall!

(tsk, tsk.....I bet yall have windchimes and draw hearts too)

Yes it is a MOC here too, we had them in the ceremony ........but my JW purist streak manifests itself in odd ways so wedding rings 'out' and Calendar of Jehovah 'in'.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit