Vatican's New Rules: Ordaining Women a Crime = to Child Molestation

by Justitia Themis 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• beksbks
    beksbks

Ahhh haaaah. And the unmarried man that is supposedly anxious about the lord, is actually anxious about the altar boys.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    1 Corinthians 32-34: “The unmarried man is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord, but the married man is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided.”
    respectfully,
    dc

Actually, this has nothing to do with why the RCatholic Church imposes celibacy. It all boiled down to land inheritence and it boils down to money. Pure and simple and they admit this in the pulpit. I have heard it.

• StAnn
    StAnn

http://salesianity.blogspot.com/2010/06/pope-benedict-on-prayer-celibacy-and.html

Pope Benedict on Priestly Celibacy

Priestly Celibacy

One question directed to the Pontiff asked about “the true meaning and depth of ecclesiastical celibacy.”

The Pope began by emphasizing that the foundation of the priesthood is the celebration of the Eucharist. “Christ is drawing us into himself, allowing us to speak for him and with him,” he said. “He is at all times the only real priest, yet he is very present to the world today because he draws us into himself.”

Priestly celibacy must be understood in light of this unity with Christ, he continued. “We are going forth towards the life of Resurrection,” he said, a life in which “we will be beyond marriage.”

Therefore, he explained, “Celibacy is simply an anticipation, a foretaste, made possible by the grace of the Lord, that pulls us towards the risen world and helps us transcend ourselves.” In a world where people think only about the present and forget the future and eternity, priestly celibacy is a living witness and reminder of that reality to the world, the Pope remarked.

The Holy Father went on to discuss the ways in which priestly celibacy differs from the “increasingly fashionable” trend of simply “not getting married.” While the avoidance of marriage is based on a selfish rejection of commitment, celibacy means “saying that final yes,” he stated. “It is an act of trust, an act of fidelity.” In this way, “celibacy confirms the yes of marriage.”

The world does not understand this, the Holy Father observed, because in a world where there is no room for God, “celibacy is a scandal.” The Pope encouraged priests to let “the scandal of our faith” shine forth in their lives.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Look at the history of why celibacy began, Ann. It had to do with the inherited land the priests owned. Nothing more, nothing less. Celibacy covered legitimate and illegitimate heirs. This is a very well known fact in the Catholic Church and no secret in the pulpit sermons. Today the church does not want to support wives and children.

• StAnn
    StAnn

FHN, I know what you are saying and it has great validity. It's just that there are several parts of this issue. You know that in the Eastern Rites, such as the Byzantine, there are married priests. Also, it's been 1,000+ years since celibacy was first made "law" and things have evolved since then.

When I first became a Christian, it was in an Episcopal church in North Carolina. When I moved to the midwest, I had a woman priest and in Indiana I had a woman bishop and a gay priest. My continued reading into the history of Christianity brought me to where I am but I started in the Episcopal Church and have a real soft spot for it in my heart.

However, as St. Jerome said, "To be deep into history is to cease to be Protestant."

St. Ann

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow

Then you know about the Viamedia.

• yesidid
    yesidid

Ann, I don't suppose that means the 300 year long history of the inquisition, where the Catholic Church burned "h eretics", that's men women and children, alive.

Actually I suppose the Catholic church is quite proud of itself now. After all it has come from burning people alive to not even approving of paedophilia.

y

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

As per Paul, it should be a CHOICE of the individual, not a matter of doctrine or man-made rules.

NOWHERE does it say in any passage of scripture that a man must be celebate, not all the apostles were.

Paul voices that in HIS OPINION it would be better for a few reasons, which he lists, but he also says that if there are lust issues, better that the person be married.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit