Vatican's New Rules: Ordaining Women a Crime = to Child Molestation

by Justitia Themis 37 Replies latest watchtower child-abuse

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Ordaining women is not what the Lord wanted. This was a mission of men. Very sorry, but women have other capacities in the church. During pentacost when the Holy Ghost decended upon the apostles and Mary [the mother of our Lord], the apostles then became Christ's priests. Mary did not and she was [is] the most blessed woman who ever lived, she is discribed as being full of grace and grace saves us from sin, yet she was not a priest. With that in mind, one can see why the Church does not and will not ordain any women.

respectfully,

dc

• JWoods
    JWoods

Great, TTWSYF. I guess that also explains why priests and nuns cannot marry.

• FlyingHighNow
    FlyingHighNow
    With that in mind, one can see why the Church does not and will not ordain any women.

Nah, they are just afraid of the power of the ta tas. Afraid men won't be able to resist them.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

There were women ministers in the NT, they were the heads of their home churches, Paul speaks about at least one if I recall.

It is irrelevant though because the Vatican is a stand alone entity and if people don't like their rules they are free to go somewhere else.

• Married to the Mob
    Married to the Mob

Unfortunately the news groups have lumped this all in together however it really very simple.

In the laws of the catholic church revisited:

Ordaining woman is a big No

Abusing children is a big No.

If you were to look at the rest of the laws I am sure there are various other rules that would be big Nos according to the catholic church, but the news groups picked up on these 2.

Atleast they are trying to do something about it although the thought of closing the gate after the horse has bolted comes to mind! Better than denying it ever happened!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    It is irrelevant though because the Vatican is a stand alone entity and if people don't like their rules they are free to go somewhere else.

So is Sharia Law, for that matter. WAIT - No, you can't just go somewhere else from Sharia Law, can you?

And yes, I did notice that this was started by an Islamic apologist.

I detest all hyper-controlling religious orders.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

The vatican's problem isn't the abuse issue, its the COVER up issue and the guilty parties getting away with it issue.

They need to make it LAW that ANYONE with information on an abuse case MUST take it to thew police and let THEM handle it, period.

• blondie
    blondie
    There were women ministers in the NT, they were the heads of their home churches, Paul speaks about at least one if I recall.

***it-2 p. 285 Lydia ***

Later, at Philippi in Macedonia, Lydia sold purple, either the dye or garments and fabrics colored therewith

It appears that she was the head of her household (this could include slaves and servants), and therefore, she was possibly widowed or single.—Ac 16:14, 15.
  • Justitia Themis
    Justitia Themis

And yes, I did notice that this was started by an Islamic apologist.

I detest all hyper-controlling religious orders.

I'm so confused about who I am! Apparently, writing dispassionate information regarding Islam makes me a Muslim apologist. Yet, in various threads I also took issue with those who claimed that ALL religions are completely bad and laid out a logical reason for my argument...so that must make me a Catholic/Protestant/insert-any-religion-here apologist.

Can one person be a Catholic/Muslim apologist?! :) I love this place. :)

I agree with PSacramento. ALL religions should just get real, adopt a zero-tolerance policy, immediately turn over to the police all information regarding the creeps, and quit placing children as risk.

This isn't brain surgery.

• TTWSYF
    TTWSYF

Jwoods asked [and I'm sure others are also wondering] why priests and nuns are celibate. The answer is in scripture and is clear as day. In Paul's 1st letter to the Corinthians he proclaims that being married is good, but not marrying and giving your all to the Lord [like he does] is better.

1 Corinthians 32-34: “The unmarried man is anxious about the affairs of the Lord, how to please the Lord, but the married man is anxious about worldly affairs, how to please his wife, and his interests are divided.” respectfully, dc

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit