Today is my 2yr Anniversary of being OUT of JWs - honoring it with a letter! (long)

by babygirl30 30 Replies latest jw friends

• snowbird
    snowbird

*waves back to BabyGirl -175*

Good to "see" you again!

Syl

• crazycate
    crazycate

Beautiful letter. It made me cry. It was so reasonable and loving and lacking in bitterness.

And may I quote once again a statement from an Awake article that makes me CRAZY!

Awake July 2009 page 29: No one should be forced to worship in a way that he finds unacceptable or be made to choose between his beliefs and his family.

I wish I had the funds to put this on billboards.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

changeling I have no idea what cognitive-dissonance is? Sorry! I do believe that SOMETHING has to happen to this world/earth as it's getting SO bad that for it to go on THIS way much longer doesn't make sense to me...could be wrong?!

• changeling
    changeling

http://changingminds.org/explanations/theories/cognitive_dissonance.htm

The above site does a pretty good job of describing CD.

What I was referring to in the letter, is the fact that the poster, despite seeing the futility of the DFing arrangement and also seeing that it is not her pareant's fault for going along with what they have been taught (wrongly) is the right thing to do, at the same time continues to believes in their god and in his coming day of vengance.

I'm not saying she should not have spiritual beliefs, but it seems to me she is still holding on to the thought that JW's are mostly right in what they preach. This is in direct opposition to the freedom of thought that she is now adopting, and hence: cognitive dissonance.

• AGuest
    AGuest

I am glad for YOU, that you've been able to get to this "place" in your life... AND heart, dear BBG30 (peace to you!). May the Most Holy One of Israel, JAH of Armies, grant that your parents actually read your letter... and hear your voice and heart when they do. Because they really need to... even if you don't need them to.

May JAH bless... and, again, peace to you!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

What a beautiful letter!!!! Congratulations on where you are today . I hope that in 2yrs I will be at the point you are, with the same mindset. Good on you for getting therapy, sounds like it's helped tremendously and helped you sort out all of the emotions. Have your parents replied?

• imissmaine
    imissmaine

Babygirl...

Did you hear anything back from them by chance. Really fantastic letter! Sorry you have to deal with these issues.

Take care!

• truthseekeriam
    truthseekeriam

Very nice letter

• laverite
    laverite

I second imissmaine's question. Did you ever hear anything back Babygirl? Great letter.

• babygirl30
    babygirl30

imissmaine / truthseekeriam / laverite

Thanks for the responses - I really TRULY appreciate that!!! But, unfortunately I heard NOTHING from them at all. No 'thank you'...no response at all. Matter-a-fact, I recently had to email my aunts/uncles in order to find out how my parents are DOING currently! It's pathetic, I know, but I was thinking about them and wondered about their well being. Learned that my sister moved to NCarolina for a job, and with that, took my lil niece with her - so THAT means my folks are suffering because THEY took care of the baby most of the time (my sister is mentally ill) and that lil baby was where they turned all their attention and time. Now that she's gone, who knows, MAYBE my folks will suddenly try to reach out to me...but, I'm not getting my hopes up!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit