Today is my 2yr Anniversary of being OUT of JWs - honoring it with a letter! (long)

by babygirl30 30 Replies latest jw friends

• rocketman
    rocketman

This is part of the healing process in moving on from the religion. And your therapist is really helping you to determine your course in life without worrying what other will think.

• snowbird
    snowbird

Um ... Two-Third, I believe you're on the wrong thread?

Syl

• Hadit
    Hadit

That is a very touching letter. I'm glad you found a place of peace, acceptance and love. You've gone through a lot and have really grown in two years. It shows that it can be done. Thanks for sharing.

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

Um ... Two-Third , I believe you're on the wrong thread?

Syl

No, why?

• snowbird
    snowbird

This thread has nothing to do with Alabama?

Syl

• SixofNine
    SixofNine

This thread has nothing to do with Alabama?
    Syl

Not directly, but like I said, I'm learning a lot about Alabama on JWN today:

Serendipity:

"Think of it this way: at 14 I couldn't legally drive, couldn't get married in ANY of the 50 contiugous States, I couldn't buy a home, I couldn't..."
  • snowbird
    snowbird

I think BabyGirl, not Serendipity, meant 48 contiguous states.

The legal age for marriage in Alabama is 14, but, given her emotional state, who's going to quibble about that?

Are you drinking?

Syl

• Quirky1
    Quirky1

Too long for me to read but it still needs congradulating!!

• babygirl75
    babygirl75

I don't have patience to read either...but did wanna say congrats to you for making it 2 years!!

It's been 9 yrs next month for me, and I'm so much a stronger and happier person!

*waves at Sylvia & Josie*

• changeling
    changeling

I'm so glad you've come so far in your search for yourself and for self-acceptance. If your parents are in any way sensible people they will see the sincerity and wisdom of your words and love you for them.

I do have to say that I see some evidence of cognitive-dissonance in your letter. Do you really think the "system" is going to end? Do you still believe in a vengeful god?

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit