by brotherdan 30 Replies latest jw friends

• wantingtruth
    wantingtruth

welcome, brotherdan !

in the pause take a look here

wantingtruth

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I think that'll catch all the young guys in the crowd. That's actually not a bad idea superpunk.

• tec
    tec

Brotherdan - question? (and I'm not attacking you; I'm being completely sincere) Do you think that Jesus was sly in his teachings? If we're following his example, shouldn't we follow it completely, especially if we're teaching that He is the truth. In that case - I think HappyXJW is a good site name. I think it would draw attention of all sorts.

Tammy

• wasblind
    wasblind

I agree with you tammy,

because it was sheer TRICKERY that lured me into the WTS.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

If the Bible is to be believed then yes, Jesus was sly in his teachings. Examples abound but a few stand out to me.

1. The "eat my flesh and drink my blood" business that he stumbled people with and didn't bother explaining.

2. The rich man and Lazarus story that nobody understands even to this day.

3. The "sign" of his "presence and the conclusion of the system of things" that was so incredibly vague that every single generation since has believed it applied to thier own day.

• tec
    tec

I'm thinking about what you said, Mad.

I equate sly with deceit and trickery. But I see that the official definition doesn't necessarily mean that. I guess Dan's intent depends upon what Dan considers sly to mean.

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings, dear MS... and the greatest of love and peace to you!

I admit your responses made me smile, but I'd like to respond to them, if I may, because they're not entirely accurate. Thank you!

1. The "eat my flesh and drink my blood" business that he stumbled people with and didn't bother explaining.

It's true that my Lord didn't explain such "business" to those he first mentioned it to but there was a very valid reason: to remove the "chaff." Those who were went off and ceased following him, just on the basis of something he said that didn't make sense to them at the time. However, those who were not stumbled... and so continued following him although they didn't understand what he meant at the time... not only received an explanation, but a demonstration, as he actually walked them through it! Literally! John 6:66-68; 13:2-17; Luke 22:14-20

There are MANY times when I don't initially understand what my Lord says/means... or why he wants ME to say/do. But that has never concerned me enough to say, "Oh, ah, well, NOW I'm done! Nope, ain't walkin' with HIM no more!" Because, although I might not grasp the full import at the time... he has NEVER lied to or misled me. Not once. So, I trust him... and sometimes just have to sit on a matter for a second, trusting that he WILL show/explain it to me... in HIS due time. Because he knows what this little bitty heart... and mind... can handle... so much more than I do.

2. The rich man and Lazarus story that nobody understands even to this day.

I am not sure "nobody" is accurate (although, it might be, depending on what/who you mean by "nobody" - LOLOLOL!). Since I recently caused a couple/few other threads to go off track (for which I had to apologize), and in an effort not to do that here, as well, I won't expound on this any further, here, but we can visit in it another thread, if you wish...

3. The "sign" of his "presence and the conclusion of the system of things" that was so incredibly vague that every single generation since has believed it applied to thier own day.

I can't agree that my Lord was vague. For millenia, many have tried to nail down that "generation," and in doing so have misled many... SO many... AWAY from my Lord and his Father, the Most Holy One of Israel. But it was because they were trying to explain something that had not been given to them... to understand... let alone, explain. That is not always the case, however: Job 32:8, 9, 18; Psalm 14:2, 3; 53:2, 3; 119:26, 27; Matthew 13:10-17

Anyway, I do not mean to dispute or contend; I am only stating the truth and my sincere apologies if that does not currently comport with your understanding... at this time.

Again, the greatest of love and peace to you!

YOUR servant... and a slave of Christ,

SA

• tec
    tec

Hi Shelby.

I meant to say earlier, that I would love to visit the parable of the rich man/lazarus. I have different thoughts about it than many, and many times my thoughts are similar to the things you write.

So if you want to start a thread, or even a PM, I'll be watching for it. I always thought it was sort of taking the kingdom from those who had it and follow the written law (Israel) and giving it to the downtrodden Lazarus. (gentiles? the poor in spirit who hunger?)

Peace to you,

Tammy

• AGuest
    AGuest

Greetings dear Tec and the greatest of love and peace to you!

I have been out of town for a little over a week and just got in Friday evening, so I apologize for not responding until now. I will post what I have received from my Lord regarding the Rich Man and Lazarus on a separate thread shortly and ask your patience for another day or so as I "get back into the swing of things" at home and at work.

In the meantime, may JAH bless! May His undeserved kindness and mercy, and the love and peace of His Son and Christ, the Holy One of Israel, our Lord, JAHESHUA MISCHAJAH, be upon you... and your entire household!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

Shelb

• AGuest
    AGuest

Dearest tec... the greatest of love and peace to you! I have posted what I received regarding the rich man and Lazarus here:

http://www.jehovahs-witness.net/jw/friends/196866/1/Dearest-Tec-re-the-Rich-Man-and-Lazarus

May JAH bless!

Your servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit