Music that represents our :"Waking Up"

by Scarred for life 33 Replies latest jw friends

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

We sometimes have had threads where people post songs that have a lot of meaning to them after leaving the JW cult. One song that is frequently mentioned is Hotel California

There is another song that is mentioned frequently that is from the last 5 years or so. It's a rock group. Help me out. I was trying to tell my son which one it was. He wants to know.

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

I don't know who you are talking about, but one that helps me today is Brandon Heath. A VERY good friend of mine took some photos of some X-Witnesses at the JWs now for Jesus convention and put it to the music of Brandon Heaths - I'm not Who I Was. It is amazing. If you look up Keith Walker on Youtube and try and find the Brandon Heath song, you'll find it.

He copied the original video, but had ex-JWs holding up signs that said "I Could Never Do Enough" or "I Was Angry", etc... to the music. It is one of the most powerful things I've seen. Here It is:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhbwwe0nn1I

Let me know what you think, good and bad.

• undercover
    undercover
    another song that is mentioned frequently that is from the last 5 years or so. It's a rock group. Help me out.

Well, that narrows it down...

• Think About It
    Think About It

This rock song has great lyrics that can represent an awakening from the JW cult.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ojY_mtyMu7Y

Think About It

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

Undercover, you sound just like my son!

• Scarred for life
    Scarred for life

I think the song is especially meaningful to those raised in this cult and taught all this stuff by our parents. The You Tube video has been posted on here before.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

BrotherDan, that's a cool video. Thank you

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uhbwwe0nn1I

• brotherdan
    brotherdan

Sorry...tried to add it the html but it didn't work. Where else would I copy the code?

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Paste the code in the comment box then highlight it and click on the little link up there, then paste it again in the box that appears, click accept (I think - have to look at it again). The code will highlight and when you submit the youtube video should be visible on the thread.

• gutted
    gutted

Two songs that I like and identify with are:

1. R.E.M. - Losing My Religion

2. Metallica - Leper Messiah

The second one is for the metal heads out there, it's a very heavy song, I always applied it to "Christendom" before but now it envelops most religions.

Lyrics:

Spineless from the start, sucked into the part
    circus comes to town, you play the lead clown
    Please, please
    spreading his disease, living by his story
    Knees, knees
    falling to your knees, suffer for his glory
    You will

Time for lust, time for lie
    time to kiss your life goodbye
    Send me money, send me green
    Heaven you will meet