Do you know (or are) a former JW elder/leader that became a pastor or leader in another Christian denomination?

by onemore 20 Replies latest jw friends

• onemore
    onemore

And...I wonder if other Christian denominations see ex-JW as Christians simply switching denomination. do they validate the JW baptism… in another word, for example, will the Baptists re-baptize an ex-JW who wants to join their church?

What do you know?

Unomas…

• Deputy Dog
    Deputy Dog

Yes, I know of several pastors who are XJWs.

No, they do not see the JWs as another " denomination" nor would they accept a JW Baptism .

• asilentone
    asilentone

Yes Paul, I forgot his last name, He is a baptist pastor in West Virginia. He was a Bethelite. Let me google it up.

• asilentone
    asilentone

It is Paul Blizard.

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I remember that guy from the Dub expose' movie made in the 80s. He's the dad who they were pressuring to let his baby die, right?

• onemore
    onemore

Thanks Deputy Dog & asilentone.

• Dogpatch
    Dogpatch

I did with Hope Chapel (Foursquare) for several years after leaving Bethel.

http://www.randallwatters.org/randypt3.htm

Randy

• JeffT
    JeffT

When we left we met a former elder in an xjw support group. He invited us to an independent church he was attending. This was in 1989. A few years later he become an elder there and headed up a committee planning a new building. A few years after that he resigned as an elder and shortly after he left the church. He was also having health problems through all of this, rumor had it (there were several of us at the church) that he and his wife might have gone back to the KH. I never heard from him after all of this.

The church accepted our baptisms, if we did. All of us there had been baptized under the old questions and did not see a need to get dunked again. I think I would have if my baptism had been out of dedication to the WTBS, not God.

• betterdaze
    betterdaze

"Anointed Class" former Witness Rick Fearon (aka koolaid-man of Six Screens)

runs a house church, Upper Room Ministries New England, in Tewksbury, MA.

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I know a guy in Florida, but his name escapes me right now.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit