My daughter hated me and her dad

by thenoblelodge 28 Replies latest jw friends

• garyneal
    garyneal
    He told the apostate Pharisees in strong words what he thought of them didn´t he? So yes, I follow the lamb and his actions. The enemies he was talking about were ROMANS who had no knowledge of Jesus. They didn´t even know what they were doing. They were just following orders. The Pharisees knew. He called them white washed graves and they prevent people from taking the truth. Sound familiar? It should. He is describing apostates from our day.

So in other words, he is describing the Jehovah's Witness leadership of today along with other legalistic religions that make the word of God null and void by their tradition.

• BANE
    BANE

So Gary, telling people not to commit adultery by going by God´s law is a legalistic tradition? Telling people not to steal is a legalistic tradition???

Telling people they should repent for the kingdom is near is a legalistic tradition?

There are LAWS in the bible which have to be obeyed. Put there BY Jehovah.

You have a warped sense of that to be sure.

• tec
    tec

Jesus knew what was in the hearts and minds of people, Bane. Do you? You can think you know- but you can't really know.

Tammy

• isaacaustin
    isaacaustin

Wrong Bane! The law we are now under is the law of love- which encompasses those items mentioned BUT we are no longer under a written code of laws- something the WT has reverted to.

Go review Hebrews 8.

• tec
    tec

Isaac and Gary -

I missed what Gary had said somehow.

Tammy

• tripod;)
    tripod;)

One of my beefs with the guidance is the free use of the old testament to beat you about the head. When, as Isaac says we should be living under the guidance of Love. How about Matthew 22: 36-40? Everything falls under these few lines.

• StAnn
    StAnn

TheNobleLodge, back to your original statement, I'm surprised that you're surprised that your daughter hated you for her JW upbringing. My parents converted to JWism and I was a born-in. I hold them much more responsible because they were raised better. What they did to us was cruel and heartless and what they're still doing is cruel and heartless. I don't hate them but I certainly don't like them. (They're still in and will defend the WTS to the death.)

In the same vein, my oldest son was raised JW. He goes through spells where he loves me and then he hates me. I don't blame him one bit, I'd hate me too. But I understand his feelings and, because of my experience, I guess I came to expect them. Things have been good the past few years but, my oh my, he had a really rough time for a few years coming to terms with everything.

It hurts to know that your relationship with your child is damaged, I know, but we do reap what we sow, don't we? More reasons to hate this cult.

• thenoblelodge
    thenoblelodge

@StAnn I didn't say I was surprised, I said the distressing part of it was I had that power over her to keep her in a cult. I too was a convert and at the time thought I was doing the best thing for my children. I hate the Borg with such passion you would not believe.

My daughter said she hated us back then because she was bullied terribly by elders kids and pioneers. We supported her as much as we could but what power had we got over these people, what was the point of ever saying anything to elders about their kids. If we had, our daughter would have been taken in the torture room and then accused of lying against their brats. I would never put her through that.

And yeah your right we do reap what we sow, I should have slapped them silly.

Time is a great healer and hopefully, one day, we can all say that they no longer affect us. (((((hugs))))) to you and yours.

• garyneal
    garyneal
    So Gary, telling people not to commit adultery by going by God´s law is a legalistic tradition? Telling people not to steal is a legalistic tradition???

How about telling men to shave their beards or women to where dresses to meetings? How about not being allowed to celebrate birthdays due to scripture taken out of context? How about joining the girl scouts or the Y? Anything in the Bible there? What about not being able to honor your mother of Mother's Day or your father on Father's Day? Is it okay to read Bible based literature that did not come from the Watchtower Society?

These sound like organizational doctrines that take precedence over scripture.

Telling people they should repent for the kingdom is near is a legalistic tradition?

Will the Watchtower Society ever repent and confess their sins of false prophesy and going above and beyond scripture the way the Worldwide Church of God did?

There are LAWS in the bible which have to be obeyed. Put there BY Jehovah.

This includes the directive to not add or take away from what is written as well as the admonishment for all of us to test all things.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit