Substitute Circuit Overseer

by garlic81 13 Replies latest jw friends

• undercover
    undercover

I knew a brother who was a substitute CO and at the time he was in his 40s. Pioneer Elder and ex-Bethelite.

He was one of the good elders. I liked him. At the time (I was still indoctrinated) I was looking forward to him making full CO but it never happened. I don't know why he didn't make it, but I got the impression he was relieved when they didn't offer the position to him.

• JWoods
    JWoods

Ex-Bethelite is an important factor in making CO.

I knew a non-bethel couple who were special pioneers for a number of years and desperately wanted to get into the circuit work. The society pretty much eventually sent them a letter that indicated that "they were being used in as great a capacity as the society had for them" as special pioneers.

I felt that they were probably better qualified than a number of actual COs that had been through our circuit - and they had the recommendation of the CO at the time, but the word was that they were not bethel.

• St George of England
    St George of England

I know a temporary CO. I wonder if his part-time, short working year may be a contributing factor?

George

• steve2
    steve2

I've never heard of a substitute Circuit Overseer. It conjures up a lovely image of the substitute CO being made up of a poorer quality of cardboard than the "real" CO - which, given the mentality of many men at this level seems fitting.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit