Time to go from Ministerial Servant to Elder

by garlic81 31 Replies latest jw friends

• Titus
    Titus
    Forgot to mention this person has been baptized 16 years.

Which person?

• garlic81
    garlic81

Just curious as to how long it may typically take. I see two brothers trying so hard for the position mentioned in each thread. They are both huge company men but also seem to think it is taking too long to move on.

• Titus
    Titus

FAKE THREAD

• elderelite
    elderelite

Just curious why this is important to you?

the short answer on MS to elder.... however long it takes the brother in quesiton to convince the elders at their respective halls. Thats all it comes down to. I know because I argue for brothers all the time who get shot down for personality conflicts and nothing else.

forget my previous question. i dont care why you want to know...

• Finally-Free
    Finally-Free
    Is on good terms with all elders and the circuit overseer.
    Gives the CO a green handout to help out with his expenses on each visit.
    Has the CO over for a meal each visit.
    Has phone number and email of CO and communicates at least every other month - just to chat about how things are going, good service experiences, etc. (as any other friend would.)
    Gives meaningful comments several times at each meeting.
    Serves as a regular pioneer, and is exceeding the hour requirement. Averages 80-140 hours per month.
    Serves on the RBC to help build Kingdom Halls.
    Goes to an unassigned territory assignment to help out at least once per year.
    Assists in pre/post assembly/convention setup, and works in departments during the event.
    Is scheduled, shows up, and gives good public talks in his local and other congregations; about once per month.
    Is meeting all the other assignments given him by the elders.
    His family is a good example in the congregation and his wife is a regular pioneer who is meeting her hour requirement.
    His wife get's along well with the elders wives, and the circuit overseer and his wife.
    Is regular in all his personal study, family worship, etc.
    Has put in applications for temporary bethel work, and a temporary assignment as a special pioneer.
    Visits infirm ones, and does best to encourage others in the organization.

In short, "How long does it take for a proficient asskisser to get a promotion?"

W

• Think About It
    Think About It

Let me narrow it down to two words..............THEOCRATIC SUCKASS.

Think About It

• Kinjiro
    Kinjiro

The time it takes is inversely proportional to the browness of your nose! The browner your nose the quicker you get there!

Titus... I concur... this thread and the one about COs is pure BS...

• out4good3
    out4good3

Any person doing all that crap should already be a Elder or a CO.

They wouldn't have time for anything else.

• Elder-Patrol
    Elder-Patrol

One year, and that time frame happens all the time.

These lists of résumé items are useless, they don't actually ADD to a servant's qualifications. All they do is REDUCE the argument that the servant may have certain DISqualifications.

• slimboyfat

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit