are you glad to be done with this type of insanity (taken from yahoo e-mail group)

by booby 16 Replies latest jw friends

• booby
    booby

lisaBObeesa - dead on.

• JWoods
    JWoods

The deepest form of this insanity is the actual belief that your God is going to shortly kill off about 4 billion people simply because they are not Jehovah's Witnesses.

If these people would only stop for a good five minutes and really think about the utter insanity of that belief, it would go a long way toward setting them straight.

• Billy the Ex-Bethelite
    Billy the Ex-Bethelite

The answer is obvious-- "rapture"!

• JWoods
    JWoods
    The answer is obvious-- "rupture"!

Fixed it for ya, Billy -

• Strider Arekksu
    Strider Arekksu

"2. Egyptians fleeing Israel"

Read the Bible, this is happening AGAIN on a grander scale, God NEVER rejected Isreal, it would not make sense, his plan was to scatter them into all nations and let them be perscuted and treated like the lowest race on the face of the planet and then in the end show ALL nations that he exists by saving them out of EVERY single country where he scattered them and returning them to Isreal, then all other nations will come to know he is the true God and learn his ways. Religions treat the old testament like its a freaking comic book.

Jeremiah 16: 14-21 - "However, the days are coming," declares the Lord, "when men will no longer say, 'As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of Egypt,' but they will say, 'As surely as the Lord lives, who brought the Israelites up out of the land of the north and out of all the countries where he had banished them.' For I will restore them to the land I gave their forefathers. "But now I will send for many fishermen," declares the Lord, "and they will catch them. After that I will send for many hunters, and they will hunt them down on every mountain and hill and from the crevices of the rocks. My eyes are on all their ways; they are not hidden from me, nor is their sin concealed from my eyes. I will repay them double for their wickedness and their sin, because they have defiled my land with the lifeless forms of their vile images and have filled my inheritance with their detestable idols."O Lord, my strength and my fortress, my refuge in time of distress, to you the nations will come from the ends of the earth and say, "Our fathers possessed nothing but false gods, worthless idols that did them no good. Do men make their own gods? Yes, but they are not gods!" "Therefore I will teach them-- this time I will teach them my power and might. Then they will know that my name is the Lord.

Ezekiel 39:27-29 – “ When I have brought them back from the nations and have gathered them from the countries of their enemies, I will show myself holy through them in the sight of many nations. Then they will know that I am the Lord their God, for though I sent them into exile among the nations, I will gather them to their own land, not leaving any behind. I will no longer hide my face from them, for I will pour out my Spirit on the house of Israel, declares the Sovereign Lord. "

Deuteronomy 4: 25- 31- After you have had children and grandchildren and have lived in the land a long time – if you then become corrupt and make any kind of idol, doing evil in the eyes of the Lord your God and provoking him to anger, I call heaven and earth as my witnesses against you this day that you will quickly perish from the land that you are crossing the Jordan to possess. You will not live there long but will certainly be destroyed. The Lord will scatter you among the peoples, and only a few of you will survive among the nations to which the Lord will drive you. There you will worship man-made gods of wood and stone, which cannot see or hear or eat or smell. But if from there you seek the Lord your God, you will find him if you look for him with all your heart and with all your soul. When you are in distress and all these things have happened to you, then in the later days you will return to the Lord your God and obey him. For the Lord your God is a merciful God; he will not abandon you or destroy you or forget the covenant with your forefathers, which he confirmed to them by oath.

Leviticus 26: 33-45 – I will scatter you among the nations and draw out my sword and pursue you. Your land will be laid waste, and your cities will lie in ruins. Then the land will enjoy its Sabbath years all the time that it lies desolate, the land will have the rest it did not have during the Sabbaths you lived in it. As for those of you who are left, I will make their hearts so fearful in the lands of their enemies that the sound of a windblown leaf will put them to flight. They will run as though fleeing from the sword, and they will fall, even though no one is pursuing them. They will stumble over one another as though fleeing from the sword, even though no one is pursuing them, so you will not be able to stand before your enemies. You will perish among the nations; the land of your enemies will devour you. Those of you who are left will waste away. But if they confess their sins and the sins of their fathers=their treachery against me and their hostility towards me, which made me hostile towards them so that I sent them into the land of their enemies-then when their uncircumcised hearts become humbled and they pay for their sin, I will remember my covenant with Jacob and my covenant with Isaac and my covenant with Abraham, and I will remember the land. For the land will be deserted by them and will enjoy its Sabbaths while it lies desolate without them. They will pay for their sins because they rejected my laws and abhorred my decrees. Yet in spite of this, when they are in the land of their enemies, I will not reject them or abhor them so as to destroy them completely, breaking my covenant with them. I am the Lord their God.But for their sake I will remember their ancestors whom I brought out of Egypt in the sight of the nations to be their God. I am the Lord.

Daniel 9: 11-19 - All Israel has transgressed your law and turned away, refusing to obey you. "Therefore the curses and sworn judgments written in the Law of Moses, the servant of God, have been poured out on us, because we have sinned against you. You have fulfilled the words spoken against us and against our rulers by bringing upon us great disaster. Under the whole heaven nothing has ever been done like what has been done to Jerusalem. Just as it is written in the Law of Moses, all this disaster has come upon us, yet we have not sought the favor of the Lord our God by turning from our sins and giving attention to your truth. The Lord did not hesitate to bring the disaster upon us, for the Lord our God is righteous in everything he does; yet we have not obeyed him. "Now, O Lord our God, who brought your people out of Egypt with a mighty hand and who made for yourself a name that endures to this day, we have sinned, we have done wrong. O Lord, in keeping with all your righteous acts, turn away your anger and your wrath from Jerusalem, your city, your holy hill. Our sins and the iniquities of our fathers have made Jerusalem and your people an object of scorn to all those around us. "Now, our God, hear the prayers and petitions of your servant. For your sake, O Lord, look with favor on your desolate sanctuary. Give ear, O God, and hear; open your eyes and see the desolation of the city that bears your Name. We do not make requests of you because we are righteous, but because of your great mercy. O Lord, listen! O Lord, forgive! O Lord, hear and act! For your sake, O my God, do not delay, because your city and your people bear your Name."

Ezekiel 11: 16- 21 – "Therefore say: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: Although I sent them far away among the nations and scattered them among the countries, yet for a little while I have been a sanctuary for them in the countries where they have gone.' "Therefore say: 'This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will gather you from the nations and bring you back from the countries where you have been scattered, and I will give you back the land of Israel again.' "They will return to it and remove all its vile images and detestable idols. I will give them an undivided heart and put a new spirit in them; I will remove from them their heart of stone and give them a heart of flesh. Then they will follow my decrees and be careful to keep my laws. They will be my people, and I will be their God. But as for those whose hearts are devoted to their vile images and detestable idols, I will bring down on their own heads what they have done, declares the Sovereign Lord. "

Ezekiel 31: 21-24- “and say to them, ‘This is what the Sovereign Lord says: I will take the Israelites out of the nations where they have gone. I will gather them from around all and bring them back into their own land. I will make them one nation in the land on the mountains of Israel. There will be one king over all of them and they will never again be two nations of be divided into two kingdoms. They will no longer defile themselves with their idols and vile images or with any of their offenses, for I will save them from all their sinful backsliding, and I will cleanse them. They will be my people, and I will be their God. My servant David will be king over them, and they will all have on shepherd. They will follow my laws and be careful to keep my decrees. They will live in the land I gave to my servant Jacob, the land where your fathers lived. They and their children and their children’s children will live there forever. I will make a covenant of peace with them; it will be an everlasting covenant. I will establish them and increase their numbers, and will put my sanctuary among them forever. My dwelling place will be with them; I will be their God, and they will be my people. Then the nations will know that I the Lord make Israel holy, when my sanctuary is among them forever.’”

Romans 11: 1 - I ask then: Did God reject his people? By no means! I am an Israelite myself, a descendant of Abraham, from the tribe of Benjamin. God did not reject his people, whom he foreknew. Don't you know what the Scripture says in the passage about Elijah—how he appealed to God against Israel: "Lord, they have killed your prophets and torn down your altars; I am the only one left, and they are trying to kill me"? And what was God's answer to him? "I have reserved for myself seven thousand who have not bowed the knee to Baal." So too, at the present time there is a remnant chosen by grace.

Jeremiah 31: 35-37 - This is what the Lord says, he who appoints the sun to shine by day, who decrees the moon and stars to shine by night, who stirs up the sea so that its waves roar— the Lord Almighty is his name: "Only if these decrees vanish from my sight," declares the Lord, "will the descendants of Israel ever cease to be a nation before me." This is what the Lord says: "Only if the heavens above can be measuredand the foundations of the earth below be searched out will I reject all the descendants of Israel because of all they have done," declares the Lord.

There are TONS more scriptures and I'm not just pulling out verses, but chapters. This is brought up OVER and OVER again in the scriptures, it's almost ridculous how bad religions are screwing things up, this is why Jesus NEVER commanded the Gentiles to teach or preach, that was only the job of the chosen Isrealite remanants who didn't reject the Lord, most Gentiles didn't even know what they were doing when worshipping before they became acceptable to God, how could they TEACH? They were only given right into the kingdom through faith, and their worhsip became acceptable, but NEVER did they gain teaching privledges, Paul said that the Word was entrusted to the Isrealites. Now all these religons are confusing the entire planet. The JW religion in particular is an insult to Scriptual prohpecy.

• villabolo
    villabolo

JWoods says:

The deepest form of this insanity is the actual belief that your God is going to shortly kill off about 4 billion people simply because they are not Jehovah's Witnesses.

YOU MEAN THERE ARE 3 BILLION JEHOVAH'S WITNESSES!?!?!?

OH! NOO OO OO OO OO OO OO

villabolo

• LongHairGal
    LongHairGal

BOOBY,

I have asked myself this same question. I saw that movie as well and think that the end may very well happen that way. It gives me the creeps and I hope the government passes out cyanide capsules so that people can take their own life before the asteroid, tsunami or whatever hits them.

It does seem to me that God would have to separate people geographically in order to save them, just like he did with Noah's ark. However, maybe there will actually be a 'rapture'. Then it would not matter where they are located.

BALSAM,

You are probably right that if there were boats like in that movie, the GB would be the ones with first class tickets. After that it would be all the elders/COs and families (ad nauseum) etc. etc. Everybody else (including all the other JWs around the world) can just go fly a kite. Sorry, tough luck and try not to look when the asteroid, tsunami hits you! Yep, just like in that movie, the rich and well connected would get on the boat.

This may be fiction but it makes me absolutely sick to believe that this would actually happen if the JWs were running the show. There would be NO difference between them and a 'worldly' government as far as attitude goes.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit