Bible says God confused peoples languages at Babel....is this childish nonsense?

by Witness 007 66 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• EndofMysteries
    EndofMysteries

Darth Frosty -

I saw them as well when I started my true study. The amazing thing.....the 'contradictions' in Genesis are hidden messages. That book is deeper in meaning and symbolism then Revelation in my opinion.

• agonus
    agonus

EndOfMysteries... that's an interesting comment. Don't know if I'll agree with you but I'm curious as to what you have to say.

I'm pretty sure SOMETHING otherworldly was going on thousands of years ago that we're being kept in the dark about, but I'll be damned if I have a clue if anybody knows what really happened.

I like your screen name by the way. I myself would like the "mysteries" and other bullshit to end once and for all and for God, or the powers that be, or Christ, or SOMEBODY, to tell us at long last just what the hell is really going on.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Man was told to 'spread throughout the earth'. They tried to stay in that one spot and not move, that is my understanding of why the languages were confused.

There is nothing scriptural to support that.

God has a time set for things to happen, so could be man was so quickly advancing, he did that as well to knock them back a few thousand years.

Congratulations, you just re-invented the much-older-than-the-bible Sumerian creation tale and the gods interaction with man...

• agonus
    agonus

"Congratulations, you just re-invented the much-older-than-the-bible Sumerian creation tale and the gods interaction with man..."

Well, that's kind of my point. All of these stories/myths, I believe, have SOME grain of truth to them. The question is - how far back did the "beginning" really begin, and whose version is closest to the truth.

• agonus
    agonus

And, for the record, no, I don't believe it started with Xenu.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Well, and what's the grain? That people were building a tower? that a jackass named nimrod was in charge? that different languages developed?

• agonus
    agonus

More along the lines of "gods" intervening with human affairs around the same time all this ancient high technology and civilization sort of just exploded onto the scene. Not that I'm an advocate of Pastor Russell's (or anyone else's) theories, but I can't help but look at shit like the pyramids and think... thousands and thousands of years ago, how in the hell did they manage to pull something like that off?!

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

thousands and thousands of years ago, how in the hell did they manage to pull something like that off?!

extremely basic engineering skills.When you look at the pyramids as a whole, they are massive, but when you look at them a stone at a time you can see how. And you can see the evolution of the pyramids where they got better...

• Witness 007
    Witness 007

Wars destroyed the knowledge of many a civilization.....it has nothing to do with God.

• Yizuman
    Yizuman
    Bible says God confused peoples languages at Babel....is this childish nonsense?

So you're saying God is limited?

Yiz

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit