The Beautiful Soul

by compound complex 30 Replies latest social entertainment

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

compound complex Excellent.

Is Polly's character based on Tammy by any chance?

• tec
    tec

GLADIATOR! Way to make me blush.

Um...

But which part?

Her beauty? Her kind nature? Or her dodging of the salivating, two legged wolves?

Tammy

• compound complex
    compound complex

Thanks, GLADIATOR, for your reply.

No, Polly was inspired by the actress Polly Walker's portrayal of Lady Caroline Dester in Enchanted April.

She was gorgeous physically but all the more so at heart. When, at last, a man with poor vision showed interest in her inner self, she was both relieved and smitten.

Gratefully,

CoCo

Edited to add: but surely Tammy will serve as inspiration when once I know her better!

• tec
    tec

I love the premise, CoCo. Her inner beauty was overlooked because of her outer beauty. Fantastic, and you're showing it so well!

Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Tammy is a beautiful person.

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

Dearest Tammy,

I am merely a conduit. Nevertheless, your kind interest spurs me further to delve into this pastiche of the excellently drawn characters as portrayed by Ms. Walker, Michael Kitchen, Josie Lawrence, Miranda Richardson, Jim Broadbent and Joan Plowright.

In your most humble service,

CoCo

• tec
    tec

Sylvia -

Gladiator - I was just teasing you. A for you too :)

And CoCo for writing -

On a side note, I don't think Dark Side could survive coming back here now. Tammy

• snowbird
    snowbird

Dark Side, please come back.

I retract what I called you.

Syl

• compound complex
    compound complex

"Charlie, when I call you'd better come a runnin', young man!" barked an exasperated father through the battered "scream" door. The old make-shift door barely kept the pooches out, given the large tear in the screen at its base. Flies? Mosquitoes? Crawley varmints? Let the reader use his imagination. Likewise, from the inside to the outside, the screen/scream door let fly freely a volley of yells and commands from both Mother and Father as the need might arise regarding their boy's mischievous antics. In due course the scrappy urchin would make his way inside, slamming his way through the shaking timbers (but when he was darn good and ready). His parents cut him a lot of slack and loved him lots because he was their one and only child. They disciplined him, oh sure they did, but it was with a gentle hand and a big heart. Charles William Dexter-Hayes was all boy, red-blooded, smelly and generally covered in mud from the winding creek that flowed serenely behind the little gabled, shingled home-sweet-home till its waters were stirred into tribulation by a stamping, jumping, hollering roughneck kid. Frank, Charlie's favorite man's best friend, a mongrel to be sure but beloved nonetheless, joyously took part in tearing apart the countryside and fouling its waters. Days never to be forgotten.

• tec
    tec

Poor Charles.

(poignant contrast )

Tammy

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit