This is a very well thought out statement

by upnorth 19 Replies latest social current

• upnorth
    upnorth

I have no idea where the statement is from that I posted. It was credited to a foreigner and that's how I presented it.

Regardless of it's origin I'd say it's true, and I'd also say it applies for several of the last presidents of this country.

Thespians and musicians are performers, they have mastered the art of an act, outside of that they are useless. Why any one of them is considered a reliable source of knowledge is a wonder.

Garofalo is very good at her art, outside of that she is as useless. I've enjoyed a few things she's performed in.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

So....why exactly is he the worst president ever or something like that?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Anyone who blames Obama or Bush for the current situation in America is incredibly nearsighted. This country has been making this bed we're lying in for a very very long time. It is only those with something to gain politically who think our current situation is based solely on recent history.

• notverylikely
    notverylikely

Mad Sweeney is a very smart man.

• Gayle
    Gayle

Mad Sweeney is a very smart person. Totally agree.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

To the OP, what was the context of that quote? Did the person list the evidence backing his/her claims about the President and the USA?

I hope that your title for this thread is tongue in cheek, because that statement is not well thought out at all.

• read good books
    read good books

Barack Obama is just George Bush'es third term, he follows the same policies. Look at who is in Obama's cabinet, it's all Wall Street Bankers. He is doing the same thing as George Bush did, fighting the same wars, pushing for the same banker bailouts, running up the deficit even more, wildly spending even more. Like Bush he is making us a third world debtor nation, and signing the same Unconstitutional Bush Patriot Act into law again. If you loved George Bush'es Presidency you should love Barack Obama's , if you hate George Bush'es policies you should hate Barack Obama's policies.

Anybody that votes for another main stream Republican or Democrat will get more of the same policies of Bush/Obama.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut

Obama is almost a carbon copy of a Hilary Clinton presidency (not a racist slant). While the man may have come out of left field to become president after a short stint in the national political scene, that's really what this country is all about. Anyone can get their message out there and become president.

I know B.O. is just a man and I don't expect anything significant out of his actual policies. He inherited the financial stresses and the Iraq/Afghanistan mess. But the very act of electing B.O. proves that the voters can make a difference. The power is not just for the Bushes and the Clintons. Sure, B.O. is practically "one of them" but people like your Czech person, just like Americans, know he is not ever going to be "one of them" in totality.

• designs
    designs

Really- Obama the worst? Do you remember Nixon, Johnson, Carter, Reagan, Bush Sr..

• Scully
    Scully

I like what Lewis Black has to say about American politics: "Our two party system is a bowl of shit looking in the mirror at itself."

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit