Watchtower Legal Dept.

by Think About It 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

I know of one smart JW youth who was selected by the WTB&TS as a candidate for higher education: Gary Botting, who with his wife Heather wrote in 1988 the WT expose " The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses".

Gary has a web page here: http://www.garybotting.com/

• thetrueone
    thetrueone

Higher education is only approved if the WTS corporation can utilize and exploit that education for their own selfish needs only.

Otherwise higher education is discouraged and is perceived a dangerous and pointless venture for the flock.

Pointing and guiding humanity backward is what the WTS would like to see, where all information is controlled by themselves.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

It does not matter if the lawyer is borg or non-borg. Both give the same answer to the question "what is 1 + 1?" they both answer "What do you want it to be?"

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

NN Re: Gary Botting: It does not say anything on his website that he was a witness, just that he and his wife wrote on the topic. Did I miss something or do you have inside knowledge?

• Refriedtruth
    Refriedtruth

They DO hire local firms and are willing to pay big big bucks $$$$ for the best.

They did in the USA... New Hampshire case,Maine and Massachusetts that's just 3 states I know of off the top of my head in New England alone

• blondie
    blondie

I looked at the hard copy of my book, starting with the preface...

""at the age of five I presented my first Watchtower" (Gary Botting)

"Heather and I had first met at a Witness wedding reception in March 1964 and subsequently saw each other at assemblies and conventions...she vacationed pioneered in 1964 and 1965...I, too was interested in law, and entered Trent University, intending to study law and eventually to article for Glen How, the Watch Tower Society's lawyer."

Gary Botting

Red Deer, 4 April 1984

http://www.amazon.com/Orwellian-World-Jehovahs-Witnesses/dp/0802065457

The Orwellian World of Jehovah's Witnesses

• Nathan Natas
    Nathan Natas

Hi Simon Morely,

I have met Gary and spent a few hours talking with him. He's a great guy and a great conversationalist. He told me his "story," but if you check the blurb for "The Orwellian World..." I think it will verify that he was a witness. You can also contact gary through his website, I believe.

• Simon Morley
    Simon Morley

Blondie &NN: Thanks for the info and source location. Obviously, I need to get my hands on the books...

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit