Watchtower Legal Dept.

by Think About It 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Think About It
    Think About It

Are all WT lawyers JW's? Do they get paid high salaries because of being lawyers? Does the WTS recruit young smart JW's to become WT lawyers?

Think About It

• mcsemike
    mcsemike

Isn't "smart JW" an oxymoron? As all JW's are anyway?

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I think they've been known to hire outside the Borg at times but probably only when they need an expert in a particular situation. Most Borg lawyers are Borg.

• scotinsw
    scotinsw

I'm sure I read on here once that they have paid for some dubs to go to law school.

• Aussie Oz
    Aussie Oz

yes they have.

in australia they sent Vin Toole to law school...

bet he missed a stack of meetings while doing that!

oz

• GLTirebiter
    GLTirebiter

Isn't "smart JW" an oxymoron?

No, not necessarily. Smart people aren't perfect, they have their blind spots too. Imagine if they didn't spend so much time in the Hall and going door-knocking, imagine what they could accomplish by devoting that time and energy for better ends! Look around at some of the smart apostates who come to this board, at one time they were smart JWs.

• exwhyzee
    exwhyzee

When I was in Bethel I worked in the Bindery. There was a guy I worked with that had gone to College and had a BA degree but became a Witness right after he graduated and applied to Bethel. One day, he was told he was going to be working in the Legal Dept. and I understand they sent to get further education and last I heard was still there. It was strange to be in Bethel and know that someone with a degree was almost hand picked over those of us who didn't have a degree because they listened to the Societies advice regarding higher education.

• wunce_wuz
    wunce_wuz

When I was in Bethel I worked in the Bindery. There was a guy I worked with that had gone to College and had a BA degree but became a Witness right after he graduated and applied to Bethel. One day, he was told he was going to be working in the Legal Dept. and I understand they sent to get further education and last I heard was still there. It was strange to be in Bethel and know that someone with a degree was almost hand picked over those of us who didn't have a degree because they listened to the Societies advice regarding higher education.

I had that same observation. Three guys I worked with in the bindery had college degrees and they all landed assignments that their advanced education was in. That was not lost on any of us who observed that.

• blondie
    blondie

I concur that the WTS has a staff of jw lawyers, some though are not Bethelites but have their own firms outside Bethel. As was said, they occasionally hire non-jw lawyers with specific areas of expertise but they still work under the oversight of the Bethel lawyers.

Law is a complex field and most lawyers specialize in one certain areas, criminal, corporate, workers compensation, unemployment, constitutional, family, environmental, education, civil rights, international, tax, sports, immigration.

• wasblind
    wasblind

Blondie , how big is your head ?

next to the internet your a hot bed of information

i have grown very dependent on your post

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit