Sis loved the convention sooooo much going to same one twice!

by outlander 20 Replies latest jw friends

• outlander
    outlander

Here we go again. Sister just informed me that even though she went to the latest convention once already in one city she is going to ride with a friend to attend the 3rd. day of same convention in another city. Why? Because it was just so VERY interesting, with all the New Lite and all. Soooo sad! I bet if the Gibbering Body proclaimed that J. W.'s could fly she'd be the first to jump off the highest building around! At least she has decided to try and keep the house now rather than sell it. (For those that have read my last post.) But she's still going to put in 50 hours a month, plus work enough to pay a $1,500 a month morgage. How she actually intends to do this is beyond me since at the current time she works just 3 hours a day 5 days a week. INSANTITY..............................................!

• blondie
    blondie

I would bet she is just going to see friends that did not attend the 2nd or is she on the hunt for a man?

• seawolf
    seawolf

I know of several that went to more than one distrrict convention...

Gluttons for punishment I guess.

• changeling
    changeling

I'm with blondie. Most who go to multiple conventions are shopping for a mate.

• gubberningbody
    gubberningbody

blondie nailed it

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

that was my first thought, looking for a mate

• RebeccaChi
    RebeccaChi

Shopping for a "mate". Lol!! It's been years since I've heard that term. (That is unless it was zoo animals being discussed.)

• cognizant dissident
    cognizant dissident

Oh, and what better way to find a good spiritual mate then to be pioneering while you're shopping? That way she'll attract the cream of the JW crop, (how's that for an oxymoron?)

As far as paying the mortgage, haven't you been paying attention Outlander? Don't you know if you pioneer and put spiritual things first Jehovah will bless you and make sure some less spiritual working JW anonymously slips your mortgage money in a envelope under your door the day before it's due? Sheesh, get with the program will ya!

• outlander
    outlander

Well now. Thats an interesting thought. If true he better have plenty of patience! Actually I'm surprised to hear that people here know others who attend a convention more than once. Never thought of it. To me if you seen the movie once,(example) it better be pretty good to sit through twice. The equivelant of "Once upon a time in the West" or "For a Few Dollars More" type of good. Somehow a J.W. circus just don't seem to fit the bill to me. LOL. I have never felt the need to join much of anything, and I figure that I may or may not find out the meaning of it all when I fail to stand erect successfully one day. The Universe is just too big an item to figure out, and a God who might kill millions of people on a arguement over who rules the Kingdom just don't make sense in the Big Picture. Whatever it is it's far greater than any of us might imagine. Gee, Iv'e become philosophical in my old age. Who would have thought.

• crapola
    crapola

Sounds like my nephew. He attends at least 2 DC'S each year and would go to all of them if he had the funds for it. Total stupidity!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit