A witness just knocked on my door

by mrsjones5 11 Replies latest jw friends

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

I opened my door and it was a jw man and his son (he looked about 10 or 11). Boy, did the son look like wanted to be anywhere else instead of being stuck going door to door.

The father asked if I read the bible. I said not lately. He replied that the bible is a complicated book and folks don't know where to start (my mind flashed "at the beginning numbnut) and he tried to offer me a book - I think it was "What Does the Bible Really Say". I declined his offer, said I had seen the book before. He asked where and I said my parents. Then he got a little excited and asked what my parents' names were because he might know them. I looked him in the eye and said they live in the next town over. Then he said well any questions you have you can ask your parents. To which I replied I don't think so, I have my own ways of gaining information.

Then he said good bye and they left. Am I on the radar? Nah, the jws around here aren't about s**t.

• I quit!
    I quit!

What could be more fun for a 10 year old than to spend his Saturday morning with his father pushing religious liturature on his neighbors? The kid will probably be here in a few years trying to get his head together.

• flipper
    flipper

MRS. JONES- You did a great job of informing this JW guy that " I don't think so, I have my own ways of gaining information. " That was perfect ! I don't think you'll be on any radar as there are so many busy witnesses in the city areas down there - they've got more cooperative prospective disciples to go catch ! LOL ! Hope they don't bother you and your family anymore

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Josie..

Girl you got to have fun with them..

"You guys have a huge pedophile problem.."

"Your generation change is just one more time,the WBT$ changed your minds for you.."

Go at them,from the get go..

It`s fun!..Totally mess`s them up..

................................. ...OUTLAW

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Ya know Outlaw I thought about that but the child was there. I hate seeing kids out in the field drudgery.

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

Josie..

Ya I know what you mean..

I give them a "Pass" too..If they have kids with them ..

I don`t want the kids feeling bad,because I`m raking daddy over the coals..

JW Kids have a tough enough life..

........................... ...OUTLAW

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

Should've asked him to put you down as a do not call...lol.

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

Nah, I like saying no to the witnesses. It's cathartic.

• yknot
    yknot

oh......why not invite them in and give the poor boy a break......

let him go through the spiel, bait him a bit and than look at the lad and say........ 'I know you hate all this D2D....... The good news is that the JWs have the lowest retention rate of their children, so chances are very good you will tell your dad you too discovered the WTS is lying.

When the man gets upset, you remind him he came to your door and wanted to talk about the 'truth'.......you have been truthful, he can check the pew report that was cited by the WTS in the July 2009 Awake!

Smile and give the boy a wink as they leave!

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

*giggle* Yknot you're so wicked

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit