by Think About It 25 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

I think a Quija board might do the trick Or maybe intestines to examine

Cheers

• Think About It
    Think About It
    Or maybe intestines to examine

Bull intestines may be the final test after the voting and why decisions of importance usually ends up smelling like bullshit.

Think About It

• Juan Viejo2
    Juan Viejo2

This was exactly the point that "Shadow Elder" made in his contributed article to Ex-JW.com in August, 2009.

The Jehovah’s Witnesses – Proclaimers of God’s Kingdom book describes the process of gaining full understanding of the truth as entering a dark room and allowing the light to shine brighter gradually until the room is fully lit. At the same time they wrote, “…Truth remains truth. Jehovah’s will and purpose, as outlined in the Bible, remain fixed…But their [the WT organization’s] understanding of these truths gets progressively clearer ‘at the proper time,’ Jehovah’s due time.”

It makes no sense that honest debate about the truth of certain beliefs can be treated as a sin against the Holy Spirit, while the final version of the “truth” is still being fine tuned. After all, the Governing Body VOTES on what new teachings will be published or presented at our assemblies. Does that mean that their debates and votes are also a sin against the Holy Spirit? If the Governing Body is acting under the inspiration of the Holy Spirit, shouldn’t all their votes be unanimous? Are those who voted against the majority being influenced by Satan? After the vote is taken, why should that particular teaching ever be changed due to “new light”? Does not the Holy Spirit know what is true and what is not? Or does the Holy Spirit inspire the Governing Body to purposely publish incorrect information from time to time – just to keep us off-kilter? This entire concept of the Governing Body being guided by Holy Spirit is frankly ridiculous and inconceivable.

I feel that the Watchtower Society is totally wrong by holding this unsupported position. After all, very few of the teachings of Russell and Rutherford are still held to be “truth.” Where was the Holy Spirit prior to Rutherford’s death in 1942, back when almost every Witness was considered to be a member of the Anointed remnant? Who was guiding the leadership of the Watchtower Society back then?

I feel that the only honest position to be taken is that the Watchtower Society is still, like the rest of us, studying the Bible and trying to find the real truth of God’s Word. Until that is finally achieved, if that should ever come to pass, honest debate and personal study of the Bible should be encouraged – not treated as an act that deserves punishment and banishment from the rest of Jehovah’s people.

http://ex-jw.com/elder-shares-honest-opinions
    He told me in subsequent emails that the use of majority voting by the Governing Body is the best evidence that they are not truly led by the Holy Spirit. A "truth" is truth and should be self-evident to anyone in the group who has divine guidance.
  • Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

Lowercase holy spirit has dissociative identity disorder. It tells 4 GB members one thing and 5 GB members the opposite and the rank and file are then stuck with the status quo. When lowercase holy spirit tells (oops, there are only 8 now) 6 GB members one thing and 2 the opposite, then change is in the offing.

Isn't Jehovah wonderful?

• designs
    designs

hmmm animal intestines and kidneys, now we're making progress. You know they use to do their own slaughtering at the Bethel farm, maybe it had a dual purpose.

Men in white or black robes chanting, swinging incense burners, this could get interesting.

• elderelite
    elderelite

Dont forget that this same principle applies locally as well. When someone sits before a JC there fate is decided by three of four men who will vote on whether or not they think that person is repentant. it then becomes a simple matter of which man on that committe can sway the others to his way of thinking.

• XPeterX
    XPeterX

This happened in the past not anymore

• elderelite
    elderelite

@xpeterX

? what dosent happen any more?

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

The divination using Intestines was meant as a joke, or do you mean the holy spirit directing the GB?

Cheers

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

This happened in the past not anymore

Everything that happened, happened in the past. Could you be more specific please?

With 8 members a specific 2/3 vote is impossible. Until they add another member, 6 votes gives them 75% but 5 votes only gives 62.5%. So when Ted died, did the GB decide to slacken to the tune of just under 4% or become even more intransigent to the tune of an almost 9% increase in the amount needed to pass a change?

My guess is that pending new members, change will require 6 votes, and they will see this as even MORE evidence of lowercase holy spirit directing them because 75% is MORE than 66.34%.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit