What is your specialty dish?

by serenitynow! 14 Replies latest jw friends

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

Do desserts count? If so, chocolate chocolate chip cake with chocolate frosting, iced brownies, Neiman Marcus cookies, pumpkin roll, pineapple crush cake.

I also make a pretty mean fried chicken.

• Leolaia
    Leolaia

macadamia-crusted mahimahi with vanilla bean-flavoured pineapple/carmelized onion sauce

Sunday gravey-style pasta with fall-off-the-bone baby back ribs and proscuitto-romano infused pork meatballs

gorgonzola risotto

etc.

Lately I'm on a big basil kick. I've been making lots of Thai-style dinners with fresh basil.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

All those things are making me so hungry! I especially love any dish that contains garlic and pasta. I have a sweet tooth i love desserts! My gramma made so many great things but her thing was apple pie. I think the secret was the allspice.

• Mythbuster
    Mythbuster

pop tarts

• flipper
    flipper

SERENITY- Great thread ! It's making me hungry too ! LOL !

I have a couple specialty dishes my wife enjoys that I make. One for breakfast, one for dinner.

For breakfast : I take 2 russet potatoes and without skinning them after washing cut up into about one eighth inch wedge cut potatoes. Put them in the pan start cooking in olive oil on about 2 or 3 on stove. I mix in real garlic smashed in garlic press , almost half a red onion, roasted red bell peppers, cilantro, portabella mushrooms, some sharp cheddar cheese, dillweed, lemon pepper, and seasoned salt. Also I put in several tablespoons of garlic pepper sause made by the company " The Pepper Plant " which produces great hot sauce out here in Gilroy, California. So I turn the potatoes over every 5 minutes or so cooking evenly. Depending how crispy you like your breakfast potatoes - it may take 30 minutes to 45 minutes to cook - however you like them. We have this every Saturday or Sunday morning once a week. Very nice and tasty !

For Dinner : I marinate fresh Alaskan Salmon in a marinade called " Very, Very Teriyaki " you can buy at your local grocery store. I marinate it for about 30 minutes to an hour . Light up the BBQ then after getting the Salmon out sprinkle it before cooking with lemon pepper, seasoned salt, & dill. Cook about 3-5 minutes on each side turning it over . Another way is to cover it with tin foil while cooking - then you won't have to turn it over as it keeps the moisture within more. ( I learned this last technique on our Tahoe camping trip from WHERE WAS I - LDRNOMO'S wife ! ) Anyway- the salmon tastes great , I think you'll really like it. Great smoked flavor ! Peace out, Mr. Flipper

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit