What is your specialty dish?

by serenitynow! 14 Replies latest jw friends

• serenitynow!
  • serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

For me it's spaghetti. I've perfected my recipe over the years. I don't make it that often- maybe once a year. It's labor intensive. I don't really cook that often.

The next time I make it I am going to make garlic bread to go with it with a roasted garlic/olive oil and kosher salt recipe.

What dish do you do the best? If it's easy please tell me how!

• beksbks
    beksbks

Hmmm maybe Chicken Enchiladas. You would have to ask my kids or my husband though.

• coffee_black
    coffee_black

Garlic Shrimp with linguini

Coffee

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

The wife's speciality is Chicken Enchiladas and I'd put them up against anyones. They are like sex in a tortilla. My culinary thing is Chili and slow cooked Brisket. Chili: 1/2 Slow roasted pork butt 1/2 coarse ground chuck chili pepper cayenne pepper brown sugar kosher salt fresh garlic red onion adobo peppers paprika black pepper white pepper cumin Dos Equis Ambar Scaled to how much you want to make. Brisket: Dijon mustard glaze sprinkled with brown sugar fresh garlic cracked black pepper kosher salt chopped onions Fat side down... ...deliciousness up.

• beksbks
    beksbks

Oh hayell no! I challenge your wife to a duel!! I make the most awesome Chicken Enchiladas.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

You better bring your A-game beks, cause that little Mexican can cook her ass off.

and after she cooks her ass off it somehow finds its way onto my ass...go figure

• beksbks
    beksbks

Huh! Are we talkin' specialty dish, or are we talkin' specialty DISH!!

Ok, I'm off to watch a movie. I've already made an awesome dinner. Honey!!!!! Here I come!!!!!!!!

• Heartbreaker
    Heartbreaker

One of three actually

1) Spicy Crab Dip served with toasted baguette slices

2) Asian Ramen Noodle Slaw

3) Chili Rellenos and homemade corn tortillas

• Lady Lee
    Lady Lee

Well it depends on who's coming to dinner

Rigatoni with a homemade pasta sauce that has cooked all day over a low heat and is filled with either chichen legs or meatballs - for family

Baked ham with pineapple, scalloped potatoes and baby corn - as a JW many many years ago

crab sauteed in garlic butter with red and green peppers and onions served over a plate of steaming capellini coated with garlic butter - for me and very special friends

now I am hungry again

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit