Anyone have any controversial "meeting&quo...

by Waygooder64 13 Replies latest jw friends

• Belmont
    Belmont

We were once in a congregation near a mental home. At weekends, inmates were allowed to wander round the town. One Sunday, a group came into the hall during the public talk and a woman went on the platform and stood next to the speaker gazing down at his feet. This went on for some time as no one seemed to know what to do. Eventually she said "What size are your shoes? and left the platform.

• Danni
    Danni

LMAO

These were some funny stories, I especially liked the story about the tramp and the man who walked out after yelling "fine then make your own arrangements"

Your all crazy.

• Mulan
    Mulan

Our KH was on a bus line, and often there were transients outside. They would come in too, during cold weather. One bum came in during the public talk and stood in the back. About halfway through the talk, he walked to the front, and got on his hands and knees and bowed to the ground. Then he stood up, put his cigarettes on the speaker's stand, and left. The elderly brother giving the talk held up the cigs and said "no thank you......I gave these up, years ago." It was hard to not bust up after that.

Marilyn (a.k.a. Mulan)
    "No one can take advantage of you, without your permission." Ann Landers

• anewperson
    anewperson

Just a couple little quick ones. I was walking down the hotel hall when I heard the Circuit Overseer and his wife screaming at each other. Should have heard what they said! Naughty, naughty!!

The hall I was in was shared by a Spanish language congregation. The two congregations locked horns over who was to blame for the microphones being misplaced and the like, also resulting in some should have heard it fights.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit