Developing the New Personality! How difficult to do?

by wannabe 12 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• wannabe
    wannabe

Developing the New Personality! How Difficult to do?

There are times in the life of any Christian, when others who know you have an ardent interest in the Bible, and are really trying to bring your life into harmony, with the Father's Will and ways, will, for reasons of their own, focus on particular weaknesses, shortfalls, and frailties, manifested in your personality, that are not only unpleasant for others but for the one trying be a True Christian, himself/herself. There could, of course, be a variety of reasons others will try to undermine, or erode your faith by their disparaging, infelicitous remarks. One of course, the foretold persecution that was to come upon, Christian's, or perhaps for some other reason, jealosy on their part, because they know they should be trying to do what you are doing, but again, for reasons of their own, do not follow your example. Even though they know that they should. So, you may suffer insults of every nature, slurs, sarcastic remarks, snide innuendo's that cause you great emotional pain; but behind this of course, is a demonic Spirit. The one who hated the Father and the Son, or any that truly tried to worship the Father as he desired, in Spirit and in Truth. That would naturally attract satan's attention, and he would bring pressure to bear on these ones involved with a study of God's word, with the intention of pleasing their heavenly Father. That would make them prime targets for satan, and he would not miss an opportunity to try to turn them away from their studies. Making their lives as miserable as he could in an effort to break their Spirit and turn them away from their quest to serve the Father as he desired. {2 Timothy 3:12} {1 Thessalonians 2:14-16} {John 4:22-26}

Of course these ones trying to disuade you with their disparaging infelicitous remarks, would know all about Paul's words about putting on the new personality and would be quick to point out your lack of that new personality, as well your lack of the fruitage of the Holy Spirit which they would also know about. {Ephesians 4:20-24} {Galatians 5:22,23} While at the same time, they themselves lacked this new personality, as well the fruitage of the Holy Spirit themselves. A case of the Pot calling the kettle black, as it were.

People that display this type of attitude are totally missing the point about what the human condition is all about, because what they expect from others they could never, short of a Thousand years give themselves; and for very good reasons. Which I'll go on to explain:

There was only one Man could walk a perfect walk. Who 100% had the New Personality. Who 100% manifested all the fruiitage of the Holy Spirit. This Man had to die so that we eventually would be in the perfect condition he was in. In our case that would take one Thousand years to accomplish, under the Kingdom reign of the Christ. That is the provision Jehovah allowed for; and there was very good reason for that; something that these ones who would try to hamper our progress would miss seeing entirely. I'll go on to explain that, as well. Consider the following:

For now, what have we all to contend with? We all inherit sin and death don't we? {Romans 5:12} We all sin and fall short of the glory of God.' {Romans 3:23} When we all die, we all 'pay the wages' of inherited sin. DEATH! {Romans 6:23} All of us, like Paul, have the 'Law of sin and death at war in our members leading us all captive to sins law that is in our members.' {Romans 7:23} All have reason to feel as Paul did over it all: "Miserable Man that I am." {Romans 7:24} All are like Paul, 'the good that they wish to do, they do not do, the bad that they do not wish to do is what they all practice.' {Romans 7:19,21} He said: "Who will rescue me from the body undergoing this death;" {Romans 7:24} it is 'reserved for all Men to die once!' {Hebrews 9:27} "There is no man righteous in all the earth who keeps doing good and does not sin." {Ecclesiastes 7:20} With our minds we are Slaves to God's Law, with our flesh to sins law, that is in our members." {Romans 7:25}

This is a description of the human condition as it exists right now. I would ask: What Man, Woman, or Child, has the right to look at another human being in a negative way, and judge them, for what they are trying to do to better themselves? To help themselves, and to help others, if they are allowed to do so?

It says:"All have sinned and fall short of the glory of God." No one has that right! Absolutely no one!

Would those that survive the great tribulation, come out with what they were working towards done to completion? No! They would come out needing that Thousand year period to bring them all to perfection so that they would all be walking the perfect walk the Christ walked, wouldn't they? So, was they still to need a Thousand years to complete what they'd started out to do, they would still be in very serious sinful condition, wouldn't they? At that point Jehovah himself wouldn't expect them all, to have on the New Personality to completion; nor would he expect them to manifest the Fruitage of the Holy Spirit in their lives to the fullest extent possible. Those, of course were the ideals, but it would take the entire Thousand year reign to achieve those ideals. In fact, if it still takes them a Thousand years, they would at that point manifest very little of either in their lives; is that not correct? Any changes that would be made would be so slight as not to be even noticed by anyone. Only the Christian himself would know what advancement he/she had made.

I would say at this point: "God help the Man who does have on this New Personality to completion. Who does manifest all the fruitage of the Holy Spirit in his life." The Christ did that! It got him murdered! No human being could walk the walk he walked. Could not even come close; yet did he win friends and influence people, by his splendid conduct, speech, and actions, among those early Jews? Was it even noticed? Take warning! It was noticed! But not in a good way! If you by some miracle, happen to be able to walk the walk of the Christ; be very careful, you don't end up hanging from the highest Tree, or nailed to a crude stake, like the Christ was. Because that is the appreciation shown by this world towards those who are concerned with changing their behavior, to please Jehovah, and wouldn't you just know it? The very ones who would hang YOU from that Tree are the ones that will tell YOU that YOU are not a Christian, because YOU lack the New Personality. YOU lack the fruitage of the Holy Spirit. YOU are the Hypocrit! YOU are the one who quotes scripture just like satan the devil. Of course being spiritually blind they do not see all of that applies to themselves even more so than anyone else.

In all honesty! I've been at this study ever since 1972. Almost half a lifetime. 38 years of my life, listening to verbal abuse of every description. You name the insult! You name the slur! You name the sarcastic remark! You name the snide - innuendo! I've heard it all, time, after time, after time. Some of it from my own family members; but as a general rule, mostly from these Christian Boards. From the last place in the World you'd expect it from. From those who say they are Christian's.

Looking back over those thirty-eight years, right down until today; I can honestly say, as regards putting on the New Personality or cutivating and developing the Holy Spirit in my life; I havn't even taken one step forward; for in my own mind I display neither of them. Not the smallest vestige of either. I don't know, that, that, is a good thing, or a bad thing, but I do know after all of these years of really trying my very best, giving it all that I had to give, it doesn't feel very good to feel as though you failed to accomplish what you set out to do. Thirty-Eight years is a long time to waste, if there's no benefit to it. If anyone needs a Thousand years to get it all together, I certainly do. Wouldn't you think? Converesly, do you, not also? Or do you consider yourselves to be already perfect Men and Woman who have no need of the Thousand year reign to gain, or to put on the New Personality, and to cultivate and develope the fruitage of the Holy Spirit; so that you will find yourselves walking the perfect walk of the Christ, at the end of the Thousand year reign of Christ in human perfection?

To those of you who enjoy so much casting your aspersions, throwing out your insults, slurs, snide-innuendo's, Jehovah through the pen of his Bible Writer has some counsel and direction for all of you. Take Note!

2For we all often stumble {SIN} and fall and offend in many things. And if anyone does not offend in speech [never says the wrong things], he is a fully developed character and a perfect man, able to control his whole body and to curb his entire nature. 3If we set bits in the horses' mouths to make them obey us, we can turn their whole bodies about.4Likewise, look at the ships: though they are so great and are driven by rough winds, they are steered by a very small rudder wherever the impulse of the helmsman determines. 5Even so the tongue is a little member, and it can boast of great things. See how much wood or how great a forest a tiny spark can set ablaze! 6And the tongue is a fire. [The tongue is a] world of wickedness set among our members, contaminating and depraving the whole body and setting on fire the wheel of birth (the cycle of man's nature), being itself ignited by hell (Gehenna). 7For every kind of beast and bird, of reptile and sea animal, can be tamed and has been tamed by human genius (nature). 8But the human tongue can be tamed by no man. It is a restless (undisciplined, irreconcilable) evil, full of deadly poison. 9With it we bless the Lord and Father, and with it we curse men who were made in God's likeness! 10Out of the same mouth come forth blessing and cursing. These things, my brethren, ought not to be so. 11Does a fountain send forth [simultaneously] from the same opening fresh water and bitter? 12Can a fig tree, my brethren, bear olives, or a grapevine figs? Neither can a salt spring furnish fresh water.13Who is there among you who is wise and intelligent? Then let him by his noble living show forth his [good] works with the [unobtrusive] humility [which is the proper attribute] of true wisdom. 14But if you have bitter jealousy (envy) and contention (rivalry, selfish ambition) in your hearts, do not pride yourselves on it and thus be in defiance of and false to the Truth. 15This [superficial] wisdom is not such as comes down from above, but is earthly, unspiritual (animal), even devilish (demoniacal). 16For wherever there is jealousy (envy) and contention (rivalry and selfish ambition), there will also be confusion (unrest, disharmony, rebellion) and all sorts of evil and vile practices. 17But the wisdom from above is first of all pure (undefiled); then it is peace-loving, courteous (considerate, gentle). [It is willing to] yield to reason, full of compassion and good fruits; it is wholehearted and straightforward, impartial and unfeigned (free from doubts, wavering, and insincerity). 18And the harvest of righteousness (of conformity to God's will in thought and deed) is [the fruit of the seed] sown in peace by those who work for and make peace [in themselves and in others, that peace which means concord, agreement, and harmony between individuals, with undisturbedness, in a peaceful mind free from fears and agitating passions and moral conflicts]." {James 3:2-18AB}

Now of course, if you never stumble, or sin, in word, by what you say to others, well then you're a perfect Man, a Perfect Woman; you are also able to control your whole body, your whole nature, James told you. In that case you have absolutely no need for the Thousand year reign of the Christ because you are already perfect. Notice now these next words:

34 "But the Pharisees said, "He can cast out demons because he is empowered by the prince of demons." {Matthew 9:34 NLT}

Here the Pharisees had committed the sin against the Holy Spirit, because the Holy Spirit was on Jesus in a very powerful way, and they were attributing the power of the Holy Spirit to satanic power, putting themselves in dire peril; leading as the statement they made would, as to making them subject to Gehenna. Which of course who lead them to everlasting destruction in the lake of Fire. Jesus cautioned like statements would be levelled at his true followers; so we will hear individuals today make statements of a similar nature. You will hear some say: "Oh satan can quote scripture too." Which is on a par with what the Religious Pharisee's said to Jesus. Of course Jesus foretold it, so it is to be expected today. Notice his words on this:

25 "It is enough for a disciple to become like his teacher and a slave like his master. If they called the head of the house ' Beelzebul,' how much more the members of his household!" {Matthew 10:25 HCSB} So! Not Strange is it? So their own tongues will do as James predicted: "setting on fire the wheel of birth (the cycle of man's nature), being itself ignited by hell (Gehenna). " No future for these ones! Only everlasting destruction, in the fires of Gehenna. That is what a loose insulting tongue will bring upon most of YOU!

I actually put this article together for my own Son, who, sad to say, turns out to be exactly like most of you guys. Cheers! Wannabe

• Soldier77
    Soldier77

insert facepalm pictures here:

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

R U counting time here?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW
    I actually put this article together for my own Son, who, sad to say, turns out to be exactly like most of you guys. Cheers! Wannabe

You could use a new personality yourself..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• Witness My Fury
    Witness My Fury

Shoving that sort of stuff down your sons throat it doesnt suprise me that he hasnt turned out the "way" YOU wanted him to!

Take a step back my friend.

Cheers

• man in black
    man in black

The witnesses really developed and changed my personality when I was a teenager back in the 1970's.

My so called witness friends ( half of who were kids of PO, elders, servants, etc) taught me the personality changing characteristics of drinking heavily,smoking cigarettes and pot, dating wordly girls.

Yet keeping a very clean and shiny personality when we were at the hall and the people teaching it from the platform thought we were just the most encouraging - upright bunch of young men ever.

We had a nickname in the circuit, the evil jw's

Most of the teenagers thought we were sooo cool back then,, what a stinking bunch of hypocrites !

I beieve your statement wholeheartedly : "He can cast out demons because he is empowered by the demons"

Being a jw has taught me that there are other factors at work with the wtbts, and the local k halls, and they have nothing to do with the rightous being referred to as God,,, its more like Gog,, and this statement really makes that clear to me.

Only after leaving the jw religion did I feel "right" regarding my relationship with God.

I'm glad that your son has waken up

• White Dove
    White Dove

Wow. What a self-righteous S.O.B.!

How old are you? Don't you know that attempting to change others is a major turn off in relationships?

Either take people the way they already are or leave them be.

Who made you God(dess)?

• OUTLAW
    OUTLAW

White Dove..

He says he`s in his 70`s..

For someone that old he,does`nt know much..

.......................... ...OUTLAW

• JRK
    JRK

I am so glad that I am out of the Organization now. At least I can develop a personality.

JK

• mrsjones5
    mrsjones5

If I got something like that above from my father I would think he's lost his mind and it's only a matter of time before I have to step in and take care of his butt.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit