The "identity" of the ONLY.....god

by Terry 23 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    There are many scriptures that show the law was leading to Christ coming and fulfilling the it and setting mankind free from imperfection and sin. He came to bring light to the world and atone for Adam.

Indeed, and those scriptures were applied to Jesus AFTER he died and was ressurected.

• THE GLADIATOR
    THE GLADIATOR

Yes, but had Jesus not come to earth God would have lied.

Luke 24:43-48 (New International Version)

44 He said to them, "This is what I told you while I was still with you: Everything must be fulfilled that is written about me in the Law of Moses, the Prophets and the Psalms."

45 Then he opened their minds so they could understand the Scriptures. 46 He told them, "This is what is written: The Christ will suffer and rise from the dead on the third day, 47 and repentance and forgiveness of sins will be preached in his name to all nations, beginning at Jerusalem.

• PSacramento
    PSacramento

Yep, Jesus had to open their minds for them to see, just as now the HS has to open our minds for us to understand.

That is why Jesus had to come down to us, only HE could make it clear, well...as clear as WE can get it I guess, LOL !

• designs
    designs

'If the Jews understood their heritage'

Protestants actually out-do Witnesses in Historical Revisionism.

A couple of suggested readings- Dead Sea Scrolls text 11Q13, chapter from The Book Of Jewish Knowledge p. 100- p.111.

• darth frosty
    darth frosty

One of the reason for Jesus coming down to us, if you are inclined to believe that, is because of the incorrect assumptions, views and teachings of the time about God, God's nature and God's will and desires.

If thats the case why did Jesus not debunk the whole of hebrew scriptures, that portrayed god far different from the loving merciful father jesus tried to show?

• PSacramento
    PSacramento
    If thats the case why did Jesus not debunk the whole of hebrew scriptures, that portrayed god far different from the loving merciful father jesus tried to show?

We makes you think he didn't?

He said it often: God wants mercy NOT sacrifice, Love your enemy, do unto others like you woudl have them do to you, forgive and don't judge, let he without sin cast the first stone, man is lord of the sabbath not the other way around, etc, etc.

He didn't debunk the WHOLE of Hebrew scripture, he put it into perspective and put what was man made doctrine in the light it need to be put and left the rest to us, we either follow one or the other, as always the choice is ours.

• tec
    tec

Exactly, PSac.

Did Jesus have to go through the whole of the hebrew scriptures, point by point, line by line... or did he just have to open our eyes?

Tammy

• tec
    tec

P.S. - Terry, I've missed your posts too :)

• Terry
    Terry

I've been busy composing music lately. And I do get burned out with the Jehover talk :)

Interesting comments.

Thought for the day: once you think you KNOW something, you can no longer think about it. "Think" means active analysis.

• AGuest
    AGuest
    once you think you KNOW something, you can no longer think about it. "Think" means active analysis

Hmmm... interesting. I mean, I know my dear husband (and in all senses ) VERY well, dear Terry (the greatest of love and peace to you!)... and yet, I think about him ALL THE TIME! "Actively." I sometimes even still "analyze" him. In light of your "thought"... how can that be??

Just kidding! But maybe you get my point...

Peace to you!

YOUR servant and a slave of Christ,

SA

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit