A, uh, belated introduction

by SweetBabyCheezits 24 Replies latest jw friends

• jookbeard
    jookbeard

Fantastic story you done very well and great for you that your wife came out with you, didn't work for me I was born in as well.

• besty
    besty

thanks for joining JWN and sharing your story - it resonates with many of us I'm sure....

get your wife on here and lets hear her side of it :-)))))

oh and what Black Sheep Chris said. Word.

• changeling
    changeling

Thank you so very much for sharing your story. I tend to just skim over some of the longer posts but yours grabbed my attention. You express yourself so sincerly and honestly. I felt every word you posted.

Welcome!!! :)

• SweetBabyCheezits
    SweetBabyCheezits

Thanks to all of you for your comments and words of support. It's such a shame you're all out to mislead others, just to bring them to their ultimate demise.

Seriously, though, that's one thing that disturbs me greatly about the organization - the prejudice heaped on anyone who is at odds with WTBS doctrine. "Forget the true heart condition, if they disagree with our beloved Society, they're dead to us."

Again, I don't (for the most part) fault individual JWs but it's hard to separate the feelings toward the Society from those of old friends/family who are quick to drop a loved one. It's good to be part of a group (mostly) who have the ability to think independently.

Best wishes to all!

SBC

• TweetieBird
    TweetieBird

SBC-I just read your introduction post after reading about your kangaroo court hearing.

Anyway, your story is so similar to mine-the hubby and I tried to reconnect with "the truth" after being inactive. The hubby was even on an assembly part about coming back after being inactive, but like you said, if the foundation is cracked, the doubts come back tenfold. The koolaid does taste good at first, but you quickly taste the bitterness.

Fast forward to today, we have each other and our children, but the rest of the family rarely speaks to us. Fortunately we do not live near any of them so that helps. We were told that we can still come visit but it would be awkward.

I feel so sorry for the posters on this board that have spouses and children still stuck in the cult. I can't imagine trying to deal with that.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit