Petition to Revoke Scientology's Tax Exempt Status

by ABibleStudent 39 Replies latest social current

• Sofia Lose
    Sofia Lose

I would like to sign one attributed to ALL religious organizations losing tax exemption status and any other kind of government aid.

While we are at it, also let us get money out of politics. TYT!!!

SL

• defender of truth
    defender of truth
    pm for abiblestudent
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

This petition has 25,200+ signatures. Eight days to go and needs less than 74,800 signatures. What are you willing to do to help?

This petition is probably the best chance in years to change the political climate with minimal downside. Scientology's tax-exempt status probably will not be affected by this petition. If this petition attains 100,000 signatures, it will show up on Washingon politicians' radars.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert

• defender of truth
  • defender of truth
    defender of truth

Reposting. Why not pass this on to your friends on Facebook/twitter?

www.petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-scientologys-tax-exempt-status

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

I just sent the following tweet:

@TonyOrtega94 Have you signed https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-scientologys-tax-exempt-status … … … …. ? I did! Only 8 days to obtain less 75,000 signatures. Please retweet!!

and to others.

I even sent a tweet to Tom Cruise. I have enjoyed his acting since Taps. I know he will not be pleased, but what the heck.

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

This petition has 27,000+ signatures. Seven days to go and needs less than 72,000 signatures.

If the 1st Appellate Court's decision to waive the punitive judgment for the Watchtower makes you mad, why not sign this petition to alert politicians to make changes to current laws and follow-up by contacting your politicians.

Nothing will change as long as good people do nothing!

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Less than 71,200 signatures needed by April 22, 2015 for this petition.

Tweeted celebrities the following tweet today:

#GoingClear great documentary! Signing https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-scientologys-tax-exempt-status … … … … . by Apr22 defining moment! Retweeting PRICELESS!

What is your defining moment?!?!

Robert

• enigma1863
    enigma1863
    Well it only received a little over 30,000 signatures. I cant believe Going Clear has been seen by more than 5.5 million people and not even 1 percent could sign the petition.
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent
    enigma1863 - Well it only received a little over 30,000 signatures. I cant believe Going Clear has been seen by more than 5.5 million people and not even 1 percent could sign the petition.
    Hi enigma1863, Although I'm disappointed, I am not surprised.
    Most people probably believe that Scientology is a dangerous cult, it won't affect them, and only mindless, stupid people join dangerous cults. At least that is how my friends joke about JWs, Scientologists, moonies, etc.
    I cannot even inspire ex-JWs who know better that they can help JWs by reading threads like Revise Tax Code to Protect Children from Sexual Abuse and How to Complain to the IRS about Non-Profits and becoming politically involved. If exJWs don't care, why should non-JWs?
    Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit