Petition to Revoke Scientology's Tax Exempt Status

by ABibleStudent 39 Replies latest social current

• William Penwell
    William Penwell
    I wished I could sign it.
  • PokerPlayerPhil
    PokerPlayerPhil
    Does Scientology do anything of value for the World Governments or humanity, if so can you explain because I don't know much about their religion and practices.
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

@ Village Idiot, Just because religions would oppose the bill doesn't mean I should give up.

I feel that most religions, not just fundamentalist would oppose the bill that I wrote because it would amend 26 U.S. Code § 6033 to require that all tax-exempt organizations, including religious organizations that are currently exempt, file annual reports and amend 26 U.S. Code § 6104 to require the Treasury to provide free access to applications for tax-exemption and annual reports through the internet

An organization would be required to describe its child protection policies in the annual report. I also plan to revise the current version to require that organizations shall be required to report legal expenses including child abuse lawsuit settlements as soon as members of Congress start asking for a copy of the bill. If an organization perjures itself in its annual reports then the IRS could penalize it for perjury in addition to suspending its tax exempt status for not providing adequate child protection.

@ William Penwell, What country are you a citizen of? Brits can petition Parliament. Brits can always create a more reasonable and balanced petition for Parliament to investigate and revise British charitable laws to encourage the Charities Commission to actively investigate charities with adequate funding and changes to the laws.

@ PokerPlayerPhil, How would you define "value for World governments or humanity"? Scientologists believe that Scientology has helped them just like a JW would defend the Watchtower.

The bill that I wrote does not judge whether an organization benefits society or not. It just requires tax-exempt organization to meet minimum requirements to protect children from sexual abuse and to prevent an organization from using or promoting undue influence on/to its members.

This petition now has greater than 19,000 signatures.

Peace be with you and everyone, who you love,

Robert
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Have you heard that the petition to revoke Scientology's tax-exempt status has reached 21, 200+ signatures! It needs another 79,000 signatures by April 22, 2015 to qualify to receive a White House response and to raise political awareness into the practices of tax-exempt organizations.

Have you read it at https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-scientologys-tax-exempt-status?

Will you sign it and then comment that you signed the petition on this thread? Or, do you plan on waiting on Jehovah to take action?

Robert

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

The petition to revoke Scientology's tax-exempt status has 23,000+ signatures. Less than 77,000 signatures needed within 10 days.

Signing the petition takes less than 2 minutes and only requires the White House to write a response. It will increase political awareness that Americans are disturbed that non-profit organizations can become wealthy and their leaders can live an affluent lifestyle by using undue influence to victimize their members.

Why prevents you from signing it? If you do sign it, please post your comments to this thread.

Robert

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Good work so far :)

If you are serious about reaching the target, I think you have one shot.

Contact Alex Gibney on Twitter, the director of the 'Going Clear' documentary. He can get this the publicity it needs.

Here is his twitter:

www.twitter.com/alexgibneyfilm

And this is why I think he will help you...

'Going Clear' Director Calls for End to Scientology Tax-Exempt Status in Op-Ed

www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/going-clear-director-calls-end-787965

Go for it. ;)

"13,325 followers"

www.twitter.com/alexgibneyfilm/followers

• defender of truth
  • ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Hi defender of truth, Thank you for your suggestions. I sent Alex Gibney the following tweet through my nodangerousorgs twitter account las night:

@alexgibneyfilm Have you signed https://petitions.whitehouse.gov/petition/revoke-scientologys-tax-exempt-status . ? I did!

No reply as of this morning.

Please keep the suggestions coming.

Also I'm trying to connect with Alex Gibney on Linkedin so that I can direct him to the Advocates for Protecting Children from Maltreatment Linkedin group. If you want to visit the group you must be a Linkedin member and its url is https://www.linkedin.com/groups?home=&gid=6784497

Robert

• defender of truth
    defender of truth

Tweet these two:

https://mobile.twitter.com/leahremini

https://mobile.twitter.com/jasonbeghe

Anybody know of other celebrity ex scientologists?..

• ABibleStudent
    ABibleStudent

Good ideas defender of truth!

I sent tweets to @LeahRemini and @JasonBeghe. And, raised you by also sending tweets to @NicoleKidman, @Actress_Holmes, and @Oprah .

Keep the ideas flowing!

Robert

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit