What a messed up Cult the JW religion is

by Think About It 29 Replies latest watchtower scandals

• Think About It
    Think About It

I'm reading CoC for the first time. A Governing Body that is suppose to be God's Channel on earth and led by Jehovah's holy spirit could not even change JW dogma even though the majority of those present VOTED for change. There had to be a 2/3's VOTE of the total GB membership. Anything decided upon by these men had nothing to do with how God's spirit was guiding them, it was all about human politics and guidance by cult leaders.

The decisions these guys made on sexual matters was sick. At one time a woman couldn't get a divorce if her husband had anal sex with another woman or sex with an animal.(not sure where they stand on this now, since they flip flop doctrine so often)

Quote from CoC page 167:

It is men in authority who, because the change of one vote reduces

a majority down from 66

2 / 3 % to 62 1 / 2 %, are willing to allow this to

keep in force a policy that can cause other men to undergo arrest, be separated

from family and home for months, even sent to jail for years, when

those men do not understand the Scriptural basis for the policy they are

asked to follow and, in some cases, believe that the policy is wrong.

Think About It

• jamiebowers
    jamiebowers

I think they changed the bestiality/homosexual rule not being adultery in 1974.

• alanv
    alanv

Hi think about it. You are right. It is a messed up religion. Crisis of Conscience has helped so many people on this and other sites. Ray Franz the author was able to tell it exactly as it was because of being on the governing body for 9 years.

• designs
    designs

Its Vatican III, didn't you know that....................ooops that the little factoid left out of the Baptism Questions.

• Think About It
    Think About It
    I think they changed the bestiality/homosexual rule not being adultery in 1974.

Jamie........I knew about that, but since I've been out since 95'.......no telling what their thoughts are on these matters with constant flip-flopping and "new light". I just can't imagine a group of religious leaders coming together and deciding that a woman cannot divorce her husband for finding out he was having anal sex with another woman or sex with animals. Crazy religious thought process.

Think About It

• Mad Sweeney
    Mad Sweeney

I don't know the "present truth" on bestiality. I haven't read any of their children's books for a long time.

• BANE
    BANE

Hmm....So you take the word of ONE crazy old coot like Franz and hold it as gospel. ONE crazy guy who got booted out of the organization and his word is now holy?

PUHLEASE! Give me a break. Guy was a jerk. He was probably the one molesting etc.

I bet if Judas Iscariot had written a book you guys would be blessing THAT book too...

• wannabefree
    wannabefree

Bane ... no comment. (after reviewing posting guidelines) If you are a witness, you are the most hateful one I have ever come across.

• Darth plaugeis
    Darth plaugeis
    What a messed up Cult the JW religion is

Just look at Bane

• LostGeneration
    LostGeneration

Bane...where is your EVIDENCE? So now Ray Franz is crazy? The fact that Ray Franz was never SUED by the WT shows beyond any doubt that what he said in CoC is true. If it was not, he would have been strung up in civil court by WT attorneys for the rest of his life. They would have drug him through the court system for years just to punish him.

Of course they didn't, because it would have brought their silly 2/3rds voting policy on doctrine to the attention of many more active JWs, and of course they would have ran for the exits.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit