Wild speculation/predictions

by serenitynow! 17 Replies latest watchtower beliefs

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I guess I understand what you're saying. My faith when I was in must not have been too strong. Now I'm out and don't even believe in god anymore, so I think all of that is just worthless.

• frigginconfused
    frigginconfused

I dont understad why people let the WT get between them and God? Thats like hating your parents cause the babysitter is a douche. Me and God are like this..."crosses fingers and shakes hand". lol!

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

It's not that I let them get between me and god, it's just that upon learning the org was a fraud, that meant that everything I thought I knew maybe (probably is) wrong. I acknowledge that I would have to start at Gen 1:1 in a non WT bible to really study and feel that I know the bible.

One thing about getting free of mind control is that you can choose what to believe in. Just like when I was a little kid and my mother hit me in the mouth because I told her that the notion that a being who was not created- had no begining, created everything didn't make any sense. She was trying to "explain" the scripture about the alpha and the omega w/out a thought that maybe that concept was a bit much for a little kid to grasp. Instead of her explaining to me about faith, etc, she just shut me up.

So for right now, my philosophy is if you can explain it to me in a way that makes some darn sense, maybe I'll believe it! I refuse to believe in crap just because someone tells me to. There was a whole lot in the bible that I took issue with even when I was in, I just pushed those thoughts to the back of my mind, because "god" forbid I should verbalize any doubts- my mother took care of that right early.

• OnTheWayOut
    OnTheWayOut
    I refuse to believe in crap just because someone tells me to.

But it is great that we can discuss any and all beliefs, we can differ vastly from atheist to Buddhist, we can search wherever we like.

• serenitynow!
    serenitynow!

I know OTWO. It's just that sometimes even here I feel pressure, like to not believe is some kind of character flaw.

• A.Fenderson
    A.Fenderson

@serenity: Those who would intentionally pressure you to believe, or make you feel like not believing as they do is a flaw on your part, obviously have an agenda, even if it's just to make themselves feel better--don't let them get to you.

@OTWO: I don't think atheism and Buddhism are mutually exclusive.

• sooner7nc
    sooner7nc

"I don't think atheism and Buddhism are mutually exclusive"

• wantstoleave
    wantstoleave

My faith when I was in must not have been too strong.

I feel the same Serenity. I thought I knew all I needed to know but after coming here, I realise how much I did NOT know. I was just following a religion I'd been raised in, without a thought to what I was learning or taking in. I know so very little and it actually frightens me. I can't offer much in way of sharing thoughts on some topics here, because I just don't know the scriptures well enough. Yet for almost 30yrs, I belonged to and would've died for this religion . It makes me feel physically sick.

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit