The new explanation of the Generation

by Newborn 22 Replies latest jw friends

• Newborn
    Newborn

Hi

Can someone who has attended the DC tell me what the new understanding of the Generation is and how they explain it with help from the bible?

Thanks

Newborn

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

I'll make it real simple. No longer will the "Generation of 1914 not pass away before The End comes." No, no, that's Old Light.

New Light = Any Generation that overlaps the Generation of 1914 or their contemporaries will not pass away before The End comes.

Just like the Olympic or AUDI rings, generations of annointted will keep overlapping until finally The End comes. The PROMISED (WT, May 1984) Generation of 1914 timeline has been BROKEN, and it can now continue on indefinitely according to this new WT created prophetic drivel.

What was held up as PROOF of The Time of The End during the 1980's out in field service, is now "Old Light".

- Wing Commander

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Here's a transcript of what was said in a talk (called "Remain in the Secret Place of the Most High") at a recent DC:

That brings us to the question here, or the topic, that at no time would we want to leave the "secret place." This is not the time to leave the "secret place," for that matter there wouldn't be any time to leave the "secret place." But especially now is no time to leave the "secret place." Why? Well, particularly in view of the recent clarification we had with regard to Matthew 24 and verse 34. Now turn over there, Matthew 24 and verse 34.

We just had a Watchtower lesson last week with some fine material about this verse. Matthew 24:34: "Truly I say to you, this generation will by no means pass away until all things occur." Of course, the accurate or proper understanding of that really underscores the fact that we're living deep in the time of the end and there's a need at this time as never before for us to have an increased sense of urgency. Of course, that generation consists of contemporaries of individuals who lived at the same time.

Now the Watchtower of--the 2008 Watchtower--the 12/15 issue, page 25 made this comment about the word "generation": it says the word generation usually refers to people of various ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period or event. Now we've got an example of that: Exodus 1, and verse 6. "Eventually Joseph died, and also all his brothers, and all that generation."

Just think about what's written there--it refers to Joseph and all his brothers as "that generation." Now 10 of Josephs brothers witnessed events before Joseph's birth and at least 2 of those brothers lived after his death. So they were of a variety of ages but they were contemporaries and viewed as one "generation."

Now, correspondingly, the word "generation" there at Matthew 24:34 is comprised--or comprises--two groups of anointed Christians. The first group was on hand in the year 1914 when the sign of Christ's presence first became observable. The second group of anointed Christians are those who were anointed later and for a time were contemporaries of the older group. Now in view of that, Jesus' words there in Matthew 24:34 indicate that some of the second group will witness the beginning of the Great Tribulation, so the length of the generation, while not specified as far as the number of years, but it's a limited period of time.

Now we might illustrate it this way, F.W. Franz was born in the year 1893, he was baptized in the year 1913, so brother Franz was alive to discern the sign in 1914. Now Brother Franz, escuse me, Brother Franz lived until the year 1992, and many present-day anointed ones were his contemporaries and part of the generation that Jesus said would not pass away until all these things occur.

Now in view of that, Brother Franz, and for that matter, other faithful anointed ones lived in very challenging time period. A very challenging time period where strong faith was needed in order for them to remain in the secret place of the most high.

• WingCommander
    WingCommander

^^^^^^ OMG, that is some really contrived BULLSH*T right there!! I love how they quote previous WT articles with made-up Generation definitions in order to "prove" this "new understanding", without any REAL bible-backing whatsoever. I understand about Joseph too, but really, that whole generation was still probably only what, 100 years max????? We are already at that point, or damn near it in 2014.

Speaking of the Bible, wasn't it Jesus who said somewhere in the BIBLE (And I'm paraphrasing here) that, "Beware of false prophets who will come after me and claim that they are me, or that I have come but am in an a hidden (secret?) place, for they are wolves in sheeps clothing." Also, didn't he say that too that, "Every eye will see the Coming of the Son of Man?" Sorry, but this whole "invisible" parousia thing never made sense to me. Why would Jesus come invisibly? Just to confuse everyone? Same with the 1918 Judgement of religions, do tell, how does one PROVE that?? You can't, it's completely fabricated BS!!!!!

- Wing Commander

• LockedChaos
    LockedChaos

Got Your "Secret Place"

right here............................................

Weirdos

• Olin Moyles Ghost
    Olin Moyles Ghost

Wing Commander, I know, this new doctrine is so absurd that it's almost funny. I love how they go back to Genesis and twist a verse about Joseph and his brothers in order to try to marshal some semblance of scriptural support for this wacky doctrine they cooked up.

For some reason, the Society conveniently ignored the other references to generation in Matthew (such as Matt. 1:17, 23:36). Of course, it's clear why the Society ignored those references--because they don't support the "new light" cooked up by the boys in Brooklyn!

• Newborn
    Newborn

Thanks for your help!

It's unbelievable how anyone can sit and listen to this and swallow/accept it?????

Makes me sick

• ThomasCovenant
    ThomasCovenant

Poster Saphhy explained it best

Jesus evidently meant by generation,

'' that the generation that saw

the generation that saw 1914

will not pass away until all these things occur''

• trebor
    trebor

My favorite point with this whole "Generation" teaching from the Society throughout the years is how they use the same Bible verse to "support" their definition of the word:

Insight on the Scriptures,Volume 1, page 917:

"A generation commonly refers to all persons who were born about the same time. (Ex 1:6)"

April 15, 2010, Watchtower: "It usually refers to people of varying ages whose lives overlap during a particular time period; it is not excessively long; and it has an end. (Ex. 1:6)"Two completely different takes on 'generation' using the same bible verse as support. In one occasion, it supports people “born about the same time”, and then in another instance the same verse supports “varying ages whose lives overlap”. The Watchtower Society has a knack for twisting the application of scriptures to suit their agenda and interpretation of 'truth' at any given time...LOL!

• St George of England
    St George of England
    For some reason, the Society conveniently ignored the other references to generation in Matthew (such as Matt. 1:17,

That chapter of Matthew lists all 42 generations from Abraham down to Jesus. This is over about 2018 years so the average generation was 2018/42 = 48 years long!

The current 'Franz' generation is now 117 years long. No wonder people are disputing it.

George

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit