I have finally did it and I will graduate from college with my BA degree in Sociology.

by booker-t 23 Replies latest jw experiences

• booker-t
    booker-t

Well everybody I told you all a few years back how hard it was to be in college at the age of 40. I thought my hair was going to fall out trying to keep up with the young college kids in math and science. But now 3 years later I will be graduating this November with my BA degree. I just love school and will be applying for graduate school to get my MA. I felt so guilty in the early 80's when an elder at my KH told me that going to college was "worldy" and that Armageddon was close. I dropped out so that I would not be given up the kingdom interest. Now nearly 28 years later I will be graduating. I just cannot believe the controll the elders had on me when I was a teenager. I was scared to death of them and did whatever they said. I now laugh when they try to talk to me with that controlling attitude if they see me in the street.

• miseryloveselders
    miseryloveselders

Your BA Degree, and your pending MA degree pales in comparison to the theocratic education you could have recieved through the faithful and discreet slave class. Think of all the demonstrations you missed at the Service Meeting, and the #1, #2, #3, and #4 talks during the Theocratic Ministry School? We even recieved a new maroon book that is bigger than the old little maroon book. There is no education like a theocratic education.

• changeling
    changeling

Congatulations! It's never to late. I'll be 51 when I get my BA in December. :)

• NiceDream
    NiceDream

Congratulations!

It's never too late to go back to school. This little old lady graduated at age 94!

http://voices.washingtonpost.com/answer-sheet/college-life/a-94-year-old-woman-earns-coll.html

• Quandry
    Quandry

Congratulations.

You have certainly worked hard to EARN your degree. Isn't knowledge freeing?

You are an inspiration to me. I must keep at it....I am 58 and have 43 more credits to go....and must work full time. But I can't give up!

• changeling
    changeling

Quandry: you have a pm. :)

• wasblind
    wasblind

Good for you!!!!!!!!!!!

• digderidoo
    digderidoo

Congratulations. I'm two years into a six year degree at the age of 40, i'm looking forward to being in your position.

Paul

• yknot
    yknot

An awesome feat soon to be outshined by your Masters!!!!!!

((hugs))

Newbies and Lurkers....... if you regret not obtaining your education....follow Booker-T's fine example and look to enroll this Fall!!!

• sherah
    sherah

Congratulations!!!

Share this

Google+
Pinterest
Reddit